• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Fulham: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Excellent result under the circumstances and that dreadful first half. 4 at the back not the correct call but we got lucky they didn't score. By far the better side in the second half though so fair play to the manager and players for adjusting and turning it around.

RAN doing his best Stephen Ward impression going up front for a bit. Definitely my MOTM. Lemina not far behind either. Both of them have better movement and make better runs than our attackers a lot of the time!

Slightly unlucky at the end not to keep a 3rd clean sheet in 4 games. Sa did some excellent work today.

Last edited:
3 points in difficult circumstances.

How was Palhinha not sent off?
VAR should have gotten involved. When you leave the ground like you are by definition out of control. Rayan (IIRC) got lucky that Palhinha challenged too early.

Thought Lemina was outstanding today - he was everywhere. A bit odd that we seemed to have more attacking threat without having any attackers on the pitch! RAN also very good, as was Sa.

Disappointed with the first half, we got into a few good areas but never looked like threatening. I didn't think Neto looked like his usual self, but his injury is another massive blow. I hope he's not out for too long as we really are down to the bare bones now.

Some odd refereeing decisions. Palhinha should have walked for sure.

Credit to O'Neil and the players - a much better attitude in the 2nd half and a deserved 3 points in the end. Shame we didn't hang on for the clean sheet but 2-1 is a fair scoreline.

Can't do anything but praise all of them after that. First half it felt like the last three games but second half we dug in and played well as we pressed them high. They didn't have an answer and were giving it away to us a lot and eventually we took advantage.

The downer is Neto.

MOM : RAN. Fantastic. Gomes and Lemina close second.

I'm not going to say much about the 1st half it was the kind of performance that led me to choosing my username!

The 2nd half, while we weren't brilliant in an attacking sense, we worked so fucking hard we deserved the 3 points. Lemina, RAN, Joao Gomes, Semedo, Doyle were all absolute warriors. The defence did enough even though they looked shaky at times, and Sa made 3 or 4 saves that meant we got all.3 points and not just 1. A hard earned and in the end, well deserved win.

RAN motm, though I feel that could be harsh on Lemina who was fantastic.

Excellent three points which didn't seem particularly likely at the end of the first half.

RAN superb in the second half but everyone playing their part.

I was totally against the O'Neil appointment but he's definitely got the players working for him. He also clearly has a great good with them when you watch the interactions at full time.

Great character second half, had the feeling of a disastrous day at half time. RAN, Lemina, Semedo, Gomes and Sa excellent.
Pls pls just somehow get through next week, the injuries excuse won’t wipe with mrs and in laws if we lose.

Incredibly lucky to still be in it at half time for me. The half time tweaks and talk worked a treat as we were excellent second half, RAN and Lemina in particular, with everybody playing well enough.

All completely soured for me by the unnecessary starting of Neto. Next week is the biggest game we've had since Sevilla. We know Coventry are going to sit back and we've just cost ourselves our best player. Board to blame first for putting gaz in a position where he's got few options. Gaz to blame second for not just resting him (and I'd have rested Joao Gomes too tbh) and ensuring too really important, tired players who could do with a break get a break anyway.

I know they're not great and we should beat them anyway but it's poor prioritising and squad management, even if we end up having won them both.

Was out so didn't get to watch it.

Great result. How was Fraser?

Was out so didn't get to watch it.

Great result. How was Fraser?
Very meh. Doesn't try anything when he gets the ball just instantly looks to get rid of it.

He was a poor Fabio Silva....

Played OK but you wouldn't say he was anywhere near a premier league player.
Well he can now say he started a game in the Premier League. He makes some decent runs and also does OK trying to hold the ball up. He's our best option at the moment. Not going to knock a player learning his craft in the hardest league in Europe.

Unfair to criticise Fraser imo. Marked by two experienced CH's and little or no service. Have to give him some more game time before writing him off too soon.
Good performances particularly from Doyle, Kilman, Lemina and Gomes, Sa was m.o.m. for me.

Back