• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 4th Rnd] West Brom 0-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Almost perfect away performance against lower league opposition. 2 goals and a clean sheet. Revenge for a few bad results in that ground.

Doc and Cunha MOTM.

Last edited:
A great result marred by unfortunate scenes. Pep Garyola’s stock just keeps growing and growing.

Really thought we would get caught out today but so glad we put in a professional performance. Great, full blooded game too.

Pretty easy win. Not a great deal in the game but our extra quality showed, they barely troubled our box until the game was stopped in the second half.

Kilman MOTM for me. Doc a close second. Who’d have thought?

First thing Laura Woods says when it goes to the Liverpool game is “we can’t do our planned build up because of the unsavoury scenes”. Guess we have to look forward to days of hearing about how shit our fans are from all media outlets now, because of a few dickheads. Fully expecting a fine for the club, too, despite it seemingly being entirely on Albion.

Perfect result. Get out of there in one piece and let’s see who we get in the next round. Maidenhead, I hope!

FYI, fifth Rd draw to take place at HT of Norwich game.

Other things from the game will no doubt be picked apart to death but with a wider view on the game itself I think it rather highlighted our problems going forward. There's no depth and they're relying on Neto and Cunha (and Hwang when back) to create something from not much.

It was enough today, but unlikely to be sustainable for rest of season especially with fixture squeeze and far superior opposition.

tl;dr- good win, need to bring in attacking help before transfer window ends.

Always had them at arm's length once it went 1-0.

Not at our best, didn't need to be.

All the defence played well, the only real disappointment was Bellegarde (even then he nearly scored), doesn't look suited to that role at all.

Maidstone and Big George next please.

Hope we don't play Scrapyard FC for another 20 years, not worth the hassle.

Thought Doyle was terrific.
I really like him. There was a 10-15 minute period in the middle of the second half where I counted him give the ball away five times in a row, which was really sloppy. But it was after the hack half way up his leg/on his knee, so that was probably playing on his mind.

I said it last week - he’s not the quickest but he’s got some engine on him. Cracking deal by the club.

Controlled the game in the main, couple of moments we may have been punished in the PL, but we were playing a Championship side who have some nice ideas, but not quite the talent to execute.
MOTM for me was Dawson, he just got it and telling Barkley he only smashed Cunha because he's fucking shit was a highlight.

I owe EP an apology, I said Albion sths wouldn’t be stupid enough to sell tickets to Wolves fans as they would be banned themselves...I was wrong

Kilman MOTM for me. Doc a close second. Who’d have thought?

First thing Laura Woods says when it goes to the Liverpool game is “we can’t do our planned build up because of the unsavoury scenes”. Guess we have to look forward to days of hearing about how shit our fans are from all media outlets now, because of a few dickheads. Fully expecting a fine for the club, too, despite it seemingly being entirely on Albion.

Perfect result. Get out of there in one piece and let’s see who we get in the next round. Maidenhead, I hope!
You're right, but i hope it's argued fervently that:

* It was Albion fans who were throwing stuff at Doyle when he was taking corners,
* That it was Albion fans who invaded the pitch to try and get involved in that corner,
* That all of the trouble happened in a designated Albion area, nowhere near the Wolves fans
* That it was Albion that decided on an absolutely moronic ticketing policy that was always likely to see some Wolves fans in the home end.
* Also, it was only 18 months ago that Albion fans invaded the pitch during an U23 game to try and get at Wolves fans, i mean WTF!?

It used to be that Wolves fans were often the villains in these sort of games, but that's definitely flipped around over the last couple of years.

Controlled the game in the main, couple of moments we may have been punished in the PL, but we were playing a Championship side who have some nice ideas, but not quite the talent to execute.
MOTM for me was Dawson, he just got it and telling Barkley he only smashed Cunha because he's fucking shit was a highlight.

I owe EP an apology, I said Albion sths wouldn’t be stupid enough to sell tickets to Wolves fans as they would be banned themselves...I was wrong
You underestimated their stupidity, easily done!

I thought we were shite but clinical. Resorted to long balls, gave the ball away too easily and played the wrong player (Bellegarde) in the wrong position. We were too slow in possession and Doyle, whilst decent on the ball was given the time and space he needs to pick passes but it was a tactical failure today (Doyle was far too deep).

But we got away with it and that's all that counts. Good job they're pretty shit.

Hopefully we never play them again.

Not the greatest performance from a fan perspective but really professional, look forward to the draw now.

Better side won, we weren’t great but always looked the more likely to score. Bartley and Wallace both easily could’ve seen red.
If these fixture is played again can pretty much guarantee a no away fans policy will be in place.

Thought Doc was good first half. Not very second half.
Doyle m.o.m. for me possibly but no one stood out particularly.
Oh, and Betfair paid out so happy enough.

Back