• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 4th Rnd] West Brom 0-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

If Wolves fans were in that end they got exactly what they deserved. Let's not sugarcoat it
I wouldn’t sit there but many places in the world have no home ends or away ends and fans just as passionate as any can sit amongst each other with peace and dignity. Maybe it is time for reflection than finger pointing.

I think there's a difference between ok and reality. Expecting Wolves fans to celebrate a goal in their end if that's what happened and not have repercussions is unrealistic. If the reverse were true the same would have happened
If we had fans in their end and they celebrated then it’s not surprising, certainly not condonable though. But aside from that as Johnny has already said there were multiple projectiles aimed at our players well before all of that happened. Their fans were a disgrace regardless of that flare up. They were still throwing them after the game restarted, mainly at Doyle taking corners.

I wouldn’t sit there but many places in the world have no home ends or away ends and fans just as passionate as any can sit amongst each other with peace and dignity. Maybe it is time for reflection than finger pointing.

The only thing I'm reflecting on is what a horrible little shithouse of a club WBA is. Totally lost their shit and embarrassed themselves.

If we had fans in their end and they celebrated then it’s not surprising, certainly not condonable though. But aside from that as Johnny has already said there were multiple projectiles aimed at our players well before all of that happened. Their fans were a disgrace regardless of that flare up. They were still throwing them after the game restarted, mainly at Doyle taking corners.
I mean, they were throwing coins and lighters at Doherty and hit, and injured, their own ball boy.

The violence was caused by Albion fans and there is no excuse.

There can’t have been many Wolves fans that got into the home end. They should have been ejected and that should have been the end of it. It was the Albion fans that caused the big delay by wading in.

The fixture is always riddled with violence but the majority of it happens outside the ground.
Without being there today that’s the worst I’ve ever seen in the ground.
I mean if your rational is to come out the Brum Road End walk across the pitch to attack someone in the Halfords lane stand the take a long hard look in the mirror. At some point in that journey common sense should kick in.
The good thing from our view point it didn’t involve our official fan base

There can’t have been many Wolves fans that got into the home end. They should have been ejected and that should have been the end of it. It was the Albion fans that caused the big delay by wading in.
Yep, they invaded the pitch to try and get into a different stand to attack Wolves fans, that's embarrassing.

My Albion fan 'mate" text me this not long after the game:

"Thomas-Asante's family have just been speaking in front of us. His mom said 3 Wolves fans celebrated. Then spat at Kyle Bartleys wife when confronted."

Now if that happened I can understand why it kicked off, however I'd be surprised if it did happen.

It was supposedly the player's family area where it all happened, which explains Bartley holding his daughter.

I did laugh at the bits ITV broadcast as 4 or 5 Albion yoot strolled across the pitch towards the scenes as if they were some sort of Danny Dyer / Liam Gallagher hybrids....and then just watched.

"Thomas-Asante's family have just been speaking in front of us. His mom said 3 Wolves fans celebrated. Then spat at Kyle Bartleys wife when confronted."
What was Kyle Bartley's wife doing squaring up to 3 Wolves fans?

The only thing I'm reflecting on is what a horrible little shithouse of a club WBA is. Totally lost their shit and embarrassed themselves.

Wolves fans were in the home end apparently which isn’t great. Though had that second goal not gone in it wouldn’t have kicked off - just fans getting rattled it sounded like to me.

Neto played up to it when scoring, but no worse than their players have to Wolves fans over the years.

Well that's lovely but very Walton's Mountain

Considering they had a three man, apparently ‘combative’ midfield it didn’t really show either. They clearly earmarked our high wing backs as a weakness and tried to have most of their joy down the sides - but I can only remember Sa making one decent save. The corners they had largely came to nothing.

Flashbacks to them doing the EASY EASY stuff in the Pie and a Pint game

Not so nice when it happens back to them, eh?

Shame it all kicked off but those lot have one-upped us for years, even when Nuno was our manager. About time the rub of the green went the other way, and to be honest it’s probably the strongest Wolves team they’ve faced in recent years.

Considering they had a three man, apparently ‘combative’ midfield it didn’t really show either. They clearly earmarked our high wing backs as a weakness and tried to have most of their joy down the sides - but I can only remember Sa making one decent save. The corners they had largely came to nothing.
Wallace should have done much, much better with his header in the first half. Toti lost him (and blamed someone else), free header, middle of goal, 8-10 yards out and nodded it straight at Sa.

Yokuslu had a decent game for them, he's a pretty good player. Mowatt and Chalobah were shite.

Back