• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-0 Crystal Palace: Verdict Thread

Here is your distinction...

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY; A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play

The Laws of the Game are not subject to "interpretation", you are taught that at grass roots level. The second you start to interpret the Laws, you are not following them. It's why referee mistakes that we've seen this season are so annoying/baffling. If the Saturday or Sunday league referee gets stood down for poor performance and obvious mistakes, why don't the ones in the public eye? The protection they get, no matter how bad they perform, really pisses the low level referees off
Lovely stuff.

The violent conduct red herring really threw me into looking at the wrong part of the laws. That single world is crucial there.

A quick word of appreciation for Joachim Andersen who I normally rate quite highly, but what a farce of an OG :D

Tries to flinch out of the way of the ball for reasons best known to himself and still manages to put it in off the bar to give the keeper no chance.

When we go 1-0 up at home now I'm very confident we'll go on to win. It's basically the reverse of Lage when we conceded first.

Moreover, nice of Andersen to make sure it went in a second time just in case goal line tech failed. Pretty special to bag the OG twice from one set piece

Lop hasn't come here for a 6 month firefighting role, he has come here to create something. Survival is his first objective before he can really get to work. He has already spoken of being here for a long time, he has bought a house in the area and moved his wife over too, something that none of our previous foreign managers did, not even Nuno. Stay up and Lop's going nowhere

Yep, this. He’s absolutely not leaving. He didn’t come here for a six month firefight after his father’s serious illness. He built a bit of a legacy at Sevilla and he will here too, he missed the opportunity the first time round when we approached him so he won’t miss it now.

He’ll go down as more loved than Nuno in my opinion by the time he is done here.

I'd be sad to see Neto go, depends whether he can regain some of his pre injury form and stay away from further injuries.

Last edited:
Seems the majority view on here matches the majority view in the car on the way home last night. Lopetegui isn't going anywhere!

For the record it was a discussion and not pant wetting and was definitely in his favour given what he has achieved. I still think he will be being considered by some major hitters but appreciate that if he follows this forums advice he'll decline all such offers ;)

He had a full pre season this year no? He arguably doesn’t fit the system either and we need someone to raise funds.

He had a full pre season this year no? He arguably doesn’t fit the system either and we need someone to raise funds.
He had a pre season, and then got injured for 5 months. His first game back was last month against Spurs.

Who is going to buy him? How much would you accept?

I doubt it, for one, finding buyers for all of those wouldn't be easy.
You're off your rocker if you think 10+ players are going to be sold in the summer, 6 of them straight from the first team currently!

Lopetegui is here for the long haul. He might get a couple of offers, but I think he'll be conscious of when he gave us his verbal agreement and then walked to manage the Spain team. He will want to rectify that and give us his all to build his own team and legacy here.

I would agree with you if that’s what I said….but I didn’t so I don’t.

Also, half the team that started will either not be here or not starters next season.

This was massively the vibe in the Billy Quiet last night, the agitation and audible anger was quite shocking to be honest.

Then you look around and notice that the majority are in their 60s, 70s and 80s and come from an era where this "fannying about with it" just didn't happen.

Although I did laugh when Sa just hoofed it long a couple of times to no one and that got moaned at too.

Funny bunch.
This was my experience last night as well, along with the guy that screamed ‘OH NOOO! ‘ at the top of his voice whenever palace crossed the half way line. Serious Wolves PTSD there I think!

Back