• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Norwich 2 - 0 Wolves: The "It's probably not as bad as it seems" Verdict Thread.

I'm also confused by this "Norwich are clearly 5 steps ahead of us" mentality.

Over the season, we've drawn 2-2 with them. Identical records. Pretty much on a par then.

I'll focus on enjoying the next 2.5 months of the season ta.

Bring back the days where the E&S at 3pm each day was the reliable source of Wolves info, scores via Ceefax or Radio WM goal klaxon and the only place bullshit was in your face was via the Club Call ads on Ceefax "£1m World Cup Star to join Wolves" - call us £1.50 p/m

Good old days...
I've always wanted the WM goal klaxon as my message tone on my phone. :)

Oops! I thought we beat them 2-0 at home...:icon_redface:

I'm just astonished at the expectation level with some people.

yes we won league 1 at a canter in the end, but let's face it there wasn't really that much class opposition now was there.
The chumps is a whole new ball game, three teams from the prem with their parachute payments, a couple of other teams with bilionaire owners, and a wealth of sides with a vast experience in this division. We on the other hand, are carrying a whole chunk of bad wages from days gone by, we really are trying to work with the kids, especially those who got us up here, and that of course means in experience at this level we are missing out, and only time will heal that.

Morgan for all the criticism he gets , has built a fantastic academy and training complex,and actually has shelled out it seems when KJ wanted the cash. That some players we were in for went elsewhere, probably for monster wages, is just tough on a side going places but still, to a much sought after footballer, a work in progress.

We are about where i expected us to be, and Norwich are a better side, and beat us at their place, as we did when they came here.

Just where is the disaster??????

What an unusually sensible, well-balanced, well thought out piece. In short, I agree wholeheartedly.

The concern for many of us is that despite a tactical change with Edwards replacing Dicko Wolves hardly laid a glove on Norwich. Never threatened their goal, struggled to get our midfield up the pitch. Failed to get the wide players involved.
You could argue tactically Kenny Jackett was outmaneuvered by a young rookie manager just trying to find his feet in English football and didn't possess the nous required to enable Wolves to be more competitive within the game.

You could also argue that Tettey played his best game in a yellow shirt (which he did), rendering a lot of our tactics moot.

You could also argue that Tettey played his best game in a yellow shirt (which he did), rendering a lot of our tactics moot.
Kenny Jackett did add Edwards second half with the intention of limiting Tetteys contribution, looking at the stats it appears it didn't work, was that down to Tettey, Kenny Jackett or Dave Edwards?

Kenny Jackett did add Edwards second half with the intention of limiting Tetteys contribution, looking at the stats it appears it didn't work, was that down to Tettey, Kenny Jackett or Dave Edwards?

Combination of all 3. KJ has admitted he should have changed the starting XI more but didn't want to break up the team that had just won 4-1.

Back