• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Norwich 2 - 0 Wolves: The "It's probably not as bad as it seems" Verdict Thread.

I haven't seen much of Ortega in the u-21 reports which suprises me. You'd hope to see at least one or two break through next season in the way iorfa and hause have, might have been zeli and Eusebio if they hadn't both had their injuries this year.

I just threw Ortega in there because of his age tbh (20 now I think). With his pedigree you'd think there was some talent in there

I haven't seen much of Ortega in the u-21 reports which suprises me. You'd hope to see at least one or two break through next season in the way iorfa and hause have, might have been zeli and Eusebio if they hadn't both had their injuries this year.

I'm sure I saw somewhere that KJ/KT have set an aim of trying to bring through at least one academy player per season.

Yeah I think they have said that. I would expect Weekes to be the next player we give a chance too who is from our academy.

I like the idea of bringing young players through and think Graham could well turn out to be better than Sako but I really think a fairly experienced good quality CM is paramount to our improvement

I like the idea of bringing young players through and think Graham could well turn out to be better than Sako but I really think a fairly experienced good quality CM is paramount to our improvement

How've you come up with that?

I think we'll see Graham in the squad before the end of the season now he's started playing for the U21s.

How've you come up with that?

Just from looking at him on youtube clips which I know you can't really judge a player on but he seems to have the skills and technique....and also as i said in another post Sako is over-rated and not pulling his weight at the moment

Dicko is brilliant and I think is key to us progressing, but I don't think anyone is going to show serious interest just yet. He's had an injury hit season so far (8 goals in 19 starts is a great effort mind) and is only 22. Had he not got injured I do think he would have 13/14 goals which in a team who struggles to create a lot would be excellent.

Sako we will have to replace and may be expensive to replace but I think Dicko has showed to be more important and if I had to pick between the two it would be Nouha.

Issue at the moment is that we have a formation that has worked well for us, but we don't have the AM to do it as Edwards is pants, nor are the centre midfielders playing brilliantly. It's easy for us to put Afobe in but as it appeared yesterday it completely lost us the midfield battle. I wish Jacobs could magically become the player from last season again but we are stuck in the middle a bit at the moment.

Dicko is not brilliant but he is improving. He needs to be more clinical and he is showing it more now than before. Afobe and him seem to be clicking but its early days. The trouble is do we want open expansive systems that gives us wins at Huddersfield or systems that make us ordinary at Norwich. Its horses for courses and ours was off course against a good quality Norwich team

21 goals in 35 starts. I think he's been brilliant for us so far.

Just logged on to get the reaction from what sounds like a pretty routine win for Norwich.

This is what happens if you don't invest in the club. I seriously question Morgan's ambitions for the club. We have no depth, we are one-dimensional. Two decent strikers with little service and a lack of options. Yes, give some of the youngsters a chance, let's see who's hungry enough and who might be in contention for places in the Championship, next season.

:icon_lol: Incredible how much difference a few days makes, innit?

No massive disgrace in losing to a decent side who'll be up there at the end of the season, and who played pretty well according to the reports I've read.

I'm just astonished at the expectation level with some people.

yes we won league 1 at a canter in the end, but let's face it there wasn't really that much class opposition now was there.
The chumps is a whole new ball game, three teams from the prem with their parachute payments, a couple of other teams with bilionaire owners, and a wealth of sides with a vast experience in this division. We on the other hand, are carrying a whole chunk of bad wages from days gone by, we really are trying to work with the kids, especially those who got us up here, and that of course means in experience at this level we are missing out, and only time will heal that.

Morgan for all the criticism he gets , has built a fantastic academy and training complex,and actually has shelled out it seems when KJ wanted the cash. That some players we were in for went elsewhere, probably for monster wages, is just tough on a side going places but still, to a much sought after footballer, a work in progress.

We are about where i expected us to be, and Norwich are a better side, and beat us at their place, as we did when they came here.

Just where is the disaster??????

I know I'm guilty of it (stupidly so) myself, but things in football do seem to happen at a much faster rate than in any sport I've ever followed before. Every result seems amplified. Maybe because of the specter of relegation. More to lose. Still, it's a bit of a weird culture shock.

I know I'm guilty of it (stupidly so) myself, but things in football do seem to happen at a much faster rate than in any sport I've ever followed before. Every result seems amplified. Maybe because of the specter of relegation. More to lose. Still, it's a bit of a weird culture shock.

I put it down to sheer impatience which is found in many aspects of the game, on the pitch, in the stands, in the boardroom, in the media, online, everywhere.

It was never like that [frank]in the good old days[/frank]. Money and 24/7 coverage and anyone and everyone wanting to share their opinion it has made football into a what has just happened event. You lose and everyone is shit, spend more money or we are DOOMED but win and everything is rosey and the club is perfect.

There have always been people with lunatic opinions. The state of the phone ins on WM 20 years ago FFS. Go back a decade and some utter wrister in my old local genuinely reckoned Hoddle had been hired by Moxey with the explicit instruction not to make the playoffs as it would trigger loads of bonus payments to the squad. Forums gave these people more of a platform and Twitter even more so.

Easy enough to filter out the white noise though.

Bring back the days where the E&S at 3pm each day was the reliable source of Wolves info, scores via Ceefax or Radio WM goal klaxon and the only place bullshit was in your face was via the Club Call ads on Ceefax "£1m World Cup Star to join Wolves" - call us £1.50 p/m

Back