• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 4th Rnd] West Brom 0-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I find the playing of it in today's football environment bizarre.

Just a small part in catalogue of errors by Albion for the game.
Even with all the fans being treated like extras out of 1984 or the running man the club still made some daft decisions.

I find the playing of it in today's football environment bizarre.
Yeah maybe, I guess times have moved on. Also their self proclaimed "we're a family club" line doesn't fit in with the club promoting a big FUCK OFF... moments before the game starts.

But the tipping point shouldn't be our game with them, as if it's the reason for them chucking stuff at Doyle, attacking their own fans and police in the stands and invading the pitch.

Yeah maybe, I guess times have moved on. Also their self proclaimed "we're a family club" line doesn't fit in with the club promoting a big FUCK OFF... moments before the game starts.

But the tipping point shouldn't be our game with them, as if it's the reason for them chucking stuff at Doyle, attacking their own fans and police in the stands and invading the pitch.
Yeah it's the fuck off I can't get my head around. It doesn't offend me and I shouted it as much as the next person when it was played at Molineux, but is at odds with everything else football clubs try to do. Orchestrating it is different to it being organically chanted like fuck VAR.

I think its the culmination of a lot of things...........

Allowing a ST holder to bring anyone along
Serving beer to Albion fans only in the ground
A result of cheap ticket pricing (which of course we would all be for)
Playing the Liquidator on the day
Police twice previously allowing WBA fans onto the pitch against Wolves to celebrate

But primarily, the actions of individuals of course.

WBA as a club have to accept some responsibility for fostering a hateful atmosphere in my opinion, even if only inadvertently.

I think its the culmination of a lot of things...........

Allowing a ST holder to bring anyone along
Serving beer to Albion fans only in the ground
A result of cheap ticket pricing (which of course we would all be for)
Playing the Liquidator on the day
Police twice previously allowing WBA fans onto the pitch against Wolves to celebrate

But primarily, the actions of individuals of course.

WBA as a club have to accept some responsibility for fostering a hateful atmosphere in my opinion, even if only inadvertently.

I think your last paragraph is the answer to your question

It's amazing how blasé they (Albion and the Police) were about Albion invading and goading in the youth Cup game. That was shameful and pathetic, they should have got done for that. (Assuming they didnt)

It's amazing how blasé they (Albion and the Police) were about Albion invading and goading in the youth Cup game. That was shameful and pathetic, they should have got done for that. (Assuming they didnt)
I agree, same as the Play Off SF. Albion probably think it is an acceptable way to behave when the police actually engineered home fan pitch invasions through their strategies on both days.

Was the Liquidator played at the Whorethorns last night? Didn't hear it.
Wonder if WBA as a club have decided to grow up and move into the 21st Century?
We can do better than "Whorethorns", surely.

Yourmumthorns
OIP.CWaCpdVLzVNPuPj1lgPwBgHaF6

Back