• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Fulham: Verdict Thread

Neto had a tight hamstring, that’s a red flag when a player is only a few games back after a hamstring injury. Guess your view on risking him depends how you see the FA Cup game next week.
The tight hamstring was during the Newcastle game. He was brought off, recovered and was cleared by a scan.

Yes we could have been super cautious but I have no issue with GON wanting to play his best available team in the league.

I'd imagine pretty much all players are playing with a range of knocks, aches and tightness in all kinds of places. Easy to slate from the comfort of my sofa

0.50 v 2.44 xG

😬
0.46 v 1.24 on flashscore.

Also, how many times did we get in great positions only to decide against shooting. Particularly Gomes, obviously that's not xG tangible though.

Good second half when I feared the worst at HT and would have taken a point.

Lemina, Gomes, RAN, Semedo, Bueno, Kilman and Sa all very good today, and I felt Toti gives us that desire and initiative when he plays.

Few things.

Circumstances considered probably only behind City as the best result of the season.

On Fraser not going to add to anything already said, he's a young lad doing his best playing 2 levels higher than he should be at this stage of his career. The most concerning thing for me though is the lack of faith other players have in him. There was a point in the first few minutes of the second half where Sarabia has the ball, Fraser makes a run where a ball slid down his outside leaves him in on the keeper, he looks up, sees him and checks inside. A minute later Semedo did something similar.

On WM GON seemed to me to be pissed off with the medical team, made a point of saying how Neto had been scanned and given the all clear, but with hindsight he wished he'd not played him. Then when asked how he was he said it doesn't look too serious but I've been told that before. Both seemed barbed comments.

Why boo Adama? Seemed to be mainly the NB. I was far from his biggest fan, but he didn't do anything to warrant that. Dickheads.

I still think 4 at the back is a personnel rather than formation issue, but we can add Bueno to the list of centre halves who don't look comfortable in it, at least with Kilman as his partner. Chalk and cheese performance from him from one half to the other. Need to stay with the 3 chs until the Summer.

No boos for Adama near me at all. Mostly applause round the ground (I didn't join in).

No boos for Adama near me at all. Mostly applause round the ground (I didn't join in).
Fair amount by me, both when he came on and the first couple of times he got the ball, more applause though. I also did neither

On WM GON seemed to me to be pissed off with the medical team, made a point of saying how Neto had been scanned and given the all clear, but with hindsight he wished he'd not played him. Then when asked how he was he said it doesn't look too serious but I've been told that before. Both seemed barbed comments.

Doubt gaz will get the laughy patronising bullshit that posters who've said he shouldn't have started have had...

Only down side from today was the injuries, said elsewhere I'd rest anyone not 100 percent today, and Neto missing 45 mins last week makes me question him starting today. Hope injuries aren't to bad.

Weird to boo Traore if they did, yep a frustrating player at times but don’t think he ever had an attitude problem etc,

Sure everyone would have been fine if we'd left him out today and lost 2-0, after all it's really cheap to go to the match these days.

Footballers get injured unfortunately. It wasn't like Saunders sending Sako out on one leg.
Tbf we scored twice without him.

Doubt gaz will get the laughy patronising bullshit that posters who've said he shouldn't have started have had...
I just ignore him. Obviously the FA Cup to him means exactly that, fuck all! As for saying play him today, I’d rather see Neto multiple times before the end of the season and that will only happen if he is managed. A hamstring issue isn’t something you can just play through and get sorted in the summer.

0.50 v 2.44 xG

😬
That feels off to me; surely Rayan’s goal would have been 0.5ish xG by itself?

Maybe that’s the point but felt were more dangerous than that. C’est la vie.

Weird to boo Traore if they did, yep a frustrating player at times but don’t think he ever had an attitude problem etc,

Reserve that shit for the likes of Nunes/O'Hara/Camara who behaved like total pricks. Adama always did his best (which most of the time wasn't good enough) and did loads behind the scenes. Not needed.

Heard widespread applause when Adama came on then quite audible booing the first time he touched the ball. Seems to have kicked his baby oil habit

Personally I clap returning players if they gave 100%, weren't pricks and didn't leave under a cloud.

Reserve that shit for the likes of Nunes/O'Hara/Camara who behaved like total pricks. Adama always did his best (which most of the time wasn't good enough) and did loads behind the scenes. Not needed.

Yep every manager who’s had him as a player have said what a good guy he was. Effort never ever an issue, and let’s face it still scored important goals and created assists even out of favour.

Back