• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Fulham: Verdict Thread

The benefit of hindsight is monstrous here isn't it?
Not at all. This is what I posted in the build up thread….

Neto seems to have some sort of issue so I’d go with the precautionary stitch in time principle if it is anything that could get worse with playing. Shocking that we are so short up front but that’s been done to death, but given where we are I’d be doing everything we can to ensure we have the best possible chance of beating Coventry by resting players who will benefit from it.

I heard the boooing was started by a chap in row Z who lost a tooth to one of his crosses.

He was a full international at 18, Doyle is 22
Thats true. Totally different game 20 years ago. Not really fair to compare players from different eras.
Doyle has a long way to go in his career to be ranked as a great, but he's doing good things at the mo.

João could and would play pretty far forward back then.

Doyle's much more in the Neves mold, IMO (not saying they're equal, mind).

Behave, he was decent today, he's had more bad games this season than Moutinho had in 5 years
Indeed. Simply a fantastic and very underrated player in his prime. His footballing intelligence alone places him leap years ahead of the vast majority of players who have ever played the game. Frankly, I don't think we really appreciated what we had.

Just catching up with the BBC interviews and according to Marco Silva we changed nothing in the second half, and they lost 3 or 4 balls in 5 mins which led to our first goal through their own mistakes, not because of us.

Hmmmm. I seem to remember we raised our tempo in getting at them which pressured them into losing the ball.

Just catching up with the BBC interviews and according to Marco Silva we changed nothing in the second half, and they lost 3 or 4 balls in 5 mins which led to our first goal through their own mistakes, not because of us.

Hmmmm. I seem to remember we raised our tempo in getting at them which pressured them into losing the ball.
Yep, there was definitely more energy in those opening 10 mins or so, we were excellent.

Toti came on in first half injury time so it's disingenuous to suggest the formation in the second half was the same as the first, even before you look at the tempo.

It was interesting that originally he was going to bring Doherty on and presumably play him as a wide attacking player, but changed his mind and went for Toti

Toti came on in first half injury time so it's disingenuous to suggest the formation in the second half was the same as the first, even before you look at the tempo.

It was interesting that originally he was going to bring Doherty on and presumably play him as a wide attacking player, but changed his mind and went for Toti
Was Doherty not in consideration because Semedo went down whilst Neto went on the run that inevitably lead to his injury?

Was Doherty not in consideration because Semedo went down whilst Neto went on the run that inevitably lead to his injury?
Maybe, as it was the same time, he was stripped off before Toti though, not just warming up

That's just typical. Of course we had nothing to do with them making mistakes, surely not. 🤷

Back