• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Fulham: Verdict Thread

Ref - shit, how did he not send off that filthy bastard Palhinha. Reed should have been booked ages before he remembered where his cards were too.
Does the tackle feature on any highlights? I was very surprised it didn't go to VAR, it looked a red card live.

Can’t say I recognized the ref but it was a poor first impression.

Scott Harrington?

With the Semedo booking - he bawled over at Semedo "get your feet off the pitch" like proper OTT shouted it at Semedo.

For whatever reason Semedo ignored him, and then got booked.

It was equally ridiculous by both the ref and Semedo.

I hate it when you see a booking like that, yet moments earlier Reed hadn't got booked for cynically fouling RAN.

If Fulham were clinical we would have lost as they were clearly the better team in the first half. Our set up made no sense and i’m surprised people are still saying it was a back four because it wasn’t, it was a back 3 with Nelson on the right of it and Neto at right wing back but without actually coming back which left us all over the place covering gaps.

As soon as Toti came on and we went back to a proper back 3 and wing backs it was instantly better. The fight that the whole team showed was outstanding second half, every single one of them contributed with special mentions for Sa, Kilman, Rayan and Lemina.

Think the criticism of Fraser is odd too, is he ideal at the moment no but he was far from bad. Held it well a few times but could have been more direct, got the odd free kick and made two excellent runs in behind that led to a shot on target and then the ball dropping to Gomes for the second goal. The pace of the game is the biggest thing he has to get used to, it’s just a different level from where he’s been playing.

Whatever happens at the end of this season i’m just glad we’ve got an exciting team again to support and players who seem to love playing for the club. Hopefully we can get Cunha and Hwang back asap and then Neto for a possible FA Cup semi final if we do the business next week.

Seems to have only been 'promoted' in the last 2-3 years. 5 PL games this season and 6 last season.

We were actually his first PL game when we won at Brighton under Lage and he had all those issues with his tech. Also reffed the Brentford game at theirs in the cup.

What was the fuss/confusion over the Doc substitution? Presume it wasn't intended to play RAN up front but who missed out on coming on?

What was the fuss/confusion over the Doc substitution? Presume it wasn't intended to play RAN up front but who missed out on coming on?
Just before our 2nd goal Chiwome (I think) was coming on.
Scored and changed the plan.

Think Harrington who was the clown on VAR who judged there was no foul on Jimenez from Pope last season at Newcastle.

At half time I thought the referee had had a low-key inept game. Meaning he hadn't made any obvious massive blunders, just got a whole load of minor things completely wrong. In the 2nd half he was just inept. Sadly, that is pretty much par for the course with PGMOL officials. They are all almost universally shit. I can't really think of a consistently decent one.

Just listening to Jay Bothroyd and thought the same regarding Neto and his continuing hamstring injuries, are the medical stuff doing enough are they good enough regarding this injury. This is the third (the tight hamstring last week added) time this season. Something or someone isn't doing a good enough job. Is GON rushing him back too quickly, is Neto himself giving himself a clean bill of health wrongly ?

GO took an age to start him after his last hamstring. He is uber cautious on injury returns but he is somewhat held back on that with the current situation.

GO took an age to start him after his last hamstring. He is uber cautious on injury returns but he is somewhat held back on that with the current situation.
Yep. Said he might be involved at West Ham then backed out of it. Trained ahead of the Chelsea game but didn't make the bench in the end. Was going to come on late at Brentford but once we went 4-1 up we didn't bother. Came on late vs Everton and for most of the second half at Brentford in the cup. Another sub appearance in the Brentford replay (longer as it went to extra time) and only then started at Brighton.

The idea that Neto will definitely be sold in the Summer to help us to make plenty of money to re invest is now doubtful . He might not leave at all now . A top 4 club are not going to bid big money for a player who breaks down every season .

Just listening to Jay Bothroyd and thought the same regarding Neto and his continuing hamstring injuries, are the medical stuff doing enough are they good enough regarding this injury. This is the third (the tight hamstring last week added) time this season. Something or someone isn't doing a good enough job. Is GON rushing him back too quickly, is Neto himself giving himself a clean bill of health wrongly ?

Hamstring injuries are probably the most common injury in sports that require sprinting, changing direction...probably kicking too. It is also the injury that has the highest recurrence rate with a previous injury carrying a greater risk. I think it is about a 33% chance where it has happened before. It's just a thing that happens and for some players, more often than others.

I think blaming the staff is a bit harsh.

Back