• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Arsenal 2-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Yeah he shouldn’t any anywhere near the team anyway. The fact Doherty has played ahead of him tells you everything. Sad though. Such a good footballer and steady performer before the injury against Olympiacos.

MOTD highlighted last night that Bellegarde lost (or didn’t track) his man on both goals yesterday. I quite like him, but this isn’t the first time he’s not done the defensive side of his job properly and it’s cost us. I imagine GON and the coaches will be working really closely with him in training to improve that.

I also agree with Slink. We’ve got to do something about these slow starts. We’ve managed to get ourselves out of trouble a couple of times, but you can’t give a side like Arsenal a 2 goal headstart because we’re still in the dressing room & expect to get something from the game. It’s a worrying trend & i’m not quite sure how you ‘train’ that out of a team, but that’s why GON is paid the big bucks, I guess.

Perhaps ask Arsenal to not quite start so fast? Honestly Jinks you are being a bit silly there. Arsenal were simply shit hot the first twenty minutes
Maybe Arsenal went at us hard because they have noticed we have been slow starters of late? I agree with Jinks on this one. It needs resolving.

Arsenal went at us hard because they’re one of the three best teams in England! What are we even talking about here?

Sometimes the other side is just better than you. This wasn’t at all like the first half against Luton.

Why are people unable to differentiate between Arsenal being bloody good and us being slow starters? Bizarre argument.

We've conceded in the opening 10 minutes in each our last three matches. That's a pattern that needs resolving, irrespective of whether Arsenal are decent or not.

Why are people unable to differentiate between Arsenal being bloody good and us being slow starters? Bizarre argument.

We've conceded in the opening 10 minutes in each our last three matches. That's a pattern that needs resolving, irrespective of whether Arsenal are decent or not.
Is 3 games a pattern or a statistical blip? Prior to that we'd only conceded 1 goal in the first 15 mins.

If he was just picking the money up he'd have declined the offer to go on the pre season tour like Podence did. He was given the option, he chose to go. You wouldn't do that and leave your family if it was just about cashing the cheques. Without looking it up I'd imagine he's been on the bench for most games this season, when a very obvious chance for him to play came up the manager chose an over the hill, overweight lump, playing on the wrong side to come on instead.
What evidence do you have to back this up? That's how it works with you isn't it?

What evidence do you have to back this up? That's how it works with you isn't it?
If you want to find the e&s podcast where it was discussed at length during pre season then feel free

Is 3 games a pattern or a statistical blip? Prior to that we'd only conceded 1 goal in the first 15 mins.
Over the last few games we look slow out of the blocks in the first half. For the first 4 games we were slow out of the blocks in the second half.

Tbf we could have easily been 2 down at Fulham inside 15 minutes if Raul just got his head down and tried to finish instead of trying some twatty flick.

That being said, it's only a recent problem. G'oN got it all wrong against Fulham and yesterday we looked better once we switched formation again so maybe it coincides with the structure.

I think Danny Murphy did a good job pulling apart the goals. Whether that's a slow start or just shit defending I'm not sure.

The pattern I want us wiping out is conceding every time off a simple cut back like it's Pro Evolution Soccer 2. The Spurs and Fulham openers were way too easy and it happens far too often.

Neither goal yesterday was in that bracket, there's a case for looking at some of the tracking from the midfield two (who were both very poor for an hour) but they were more good football by Arsenal than anything else, with Saka getting fortunate on the first that it bounced his way in the challenge with Dawson.

The pattern I want us wiping out is conceding every time off a simple cut back like it's Pro Evolution Soccer 2. The Spurs and Fulham openers were way too easy and it happens far too often.

Neither goal yesterday was in that bracket, there's a case for looking at some of the tracking from the midfield two (who were both very poor for an hour) but they were more good football by Arsenal than anything else, with Saka getting fortunate on the first that it bounced his way in the challenge with Dawson.
Not sure we conceded the first with Lamina and Gomes playing.

Back