• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

JACKETT GONE

The timing is intriguing obviously they have their man and had to get KJ out of the way. For tomorrow?

Blimey. Didn't expect to wake up to this. I don't like seeing managers sacked but am very relieved he's gone. He had no business still being here after last season. Surely the AVB rumours can't be true? It'd be ridiculous if we managed to appoint him!

it certainly feels like a likely euro appointment with the reported transfers now starting to happen. it would have been the new manager of Spain so we shouldn't be surprised by whomever.

bit surprised at the timing of the announcement but KJ may have known much earlier in which case the announcement would hardly bother him. this is all consistent with Fosun's intent. whatever they do will carry risk and in their position we'd all probably do things a bit differently. could be another interesting day!

Surprised at the timing, but he's been a dead man walking since the takeover was announced.

I only attended 4 games last season, but it was clear that despite obvious financial constraints he was working with and injuries to key players, he clearly never knew his best 11 and where to play them. I also think that any ability he had to motivate the players had deserted him.
The new owners were obviously aware of this, so it was always a question of when, not if he goes.

However, I think publicly, he's always been a consummate professional since the decision was made to put the club up for sale.
He must have known from that point that ultimately, his time was up. Incumbent Managers rarely stay on when ownership changes.

As already said he's no doubt been putting feelers out for a new job for some time now.
He's banked his one year pay off, will probably go away, get a well earned rest for a couple of months and get a new job in 2-3 months when the first Managerial cull begins.

Thanks Ken, All the best.

Blimey, half through a shave in the bathroom just heard it on 5live, nearly cut my throat, never saw it coming this soon.
Must have someone lined up.

Bit late to this, but just echoing the general feeling. Massive thanks to KJ for those first couple of seasons, did an excellent job for an important couple of years, and I wish him all the best. No ill will towards him even if I didn't agree with many things last season. He'll do a grand job for some other L1 or Champ team soon.

Great to wake up on a Saturday morning off work. Thanks for the memories Ken, good luck for the future.

Bring on AVB.

Tim nice but dim saying he's been treated badly, erm no, actually he's done well to keep his job this long.

Yeah, not sure why he's taking that angle really. Seems to be trying to criticise the new owners with a 'this isn't how it's done, old chaps' stance.

He did a good job for two seasons but sadly for him the club now have aspirations way above his abilities as a manager so he had to go.

Like others say he won't be out of work long, wouldn't surprise me if he brings a team to Molineux this season.

The new regime will be less tolerant of the e&s than moxey ever was. The stance needs to change or they will be even more frozen out.

Tim thinks Jackett got a phone call about 5 mins before the club made the announcement. If he did I agree it's pretty shabby thing to do at 11pm on a Friday night, but I very much doubt it.

I've tweeted him asking what the "mixed messages" are... No response as yet.

He won't respond either, he never does. Unfortunately he very rarely engages his brain before posting stuff on Twitter so can't explain the bollocks he puts up on there.

Tim thinks Jackett got a phone call about 5 mins before the club made the announcement. If he did I agree it's pretty shabby thing to do at 11pm on a Friday night, but I very much doubt it.

Would he not have commented on the Costa deal if he'd still been manager then?

If KJ had been heavily involved this week I would believe that but we have spent the week as if he wasn't here. Been in talks since Monday without a doubt.

Fucking hell, we've been expecting this for weeks and Tim is 'shocked'. He should give up now because he's clearly never going to be a journalist.

Would he not have commented on the Costa deal if he'd still been manager then?
Yep. Would have taken control at Northampton as well. He put the kids out v Cork but still managed the team and did the press stuff afterwards.

Having slept on it I feel a small amount of sadness, after the first couple of seasons I think we all wanted Kenny to succeed. I was a Kenny IN man for a long time but that football last season eventually changed my mind. It's the right call doesn't matter about the timing he will have a nice little pay off and a holiday I'm sure. AVB would be a great appointment perhaps it's Silva? Either way Fosun and Jeff are showing already they mean business and I love it!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

We must have someone lined up to start on Monday, even if Fosun have realised he's not the right man they wouldn't have sacked him this close to the start of the season without someone ready to start.

Back