• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

Andre Silva (another striker that people have turned their noses up to when linked in the past) scores against Man City to put Leipzig 2-0 up in the the Champions League.

Andre Silva (another striker that people have turned their noses up to when linked in the past) scores against Man City to put Leipzig 2-0 up in the the Champions League.
Genuine question - but why do you feel the need to put little digs into all your posts? It just discourages people from debating the post / point.

Last edited:
Genuine question - but why do you feel the need to put little digs into all your posts? It just discourages people from debating the post / point.
I got shouted down for asking the very same question, hope you have more luck !

Every Wolves forum I've ever read since the E&S days have had plenty of digs and sly pokes at people's views, predilections or what 'side' of a discussion they're on. Sometimes from years before.

We all do it, mostly it's in good humour, and I'd argue it actually adds character and spice to a place. I've never understood why people try and take the moral highground about it.

Every Wolves forum I've ever read since the E&S days have had plenty of digs and sly pokes at people's views, predilections or what 'side' of a discussion they're on. Sometimes from years before.

We all do it, mostly it's in good humour, and I'd argue it actually adds character and spice to a place. I've never understood why people try and take the moral highground about it.
Because it is really rather boring to wade through? And I say that without casting judgement on either side.

I don't know if anyone takes personal offense so much as it maybe doesn't look good to newer members who aren't familiar with Jinky and his ways.

And Paddy's right, those quips have almost become cliche at this point. They're just kinda tired. But they're also an easy fallback when you want to create a little humor so it's not likely to change any time soon.

Love ya, Jinkerbell. 😘

There's no "sly dig". People did turn their nose up at Andre Silva. If you're not happy to be called out on an opinion you've posted, maybe don't post it? (not you)
I got shouted down for asking the very same question, hope you have more luck !
A post containing a sly dig from a bloke that spends the majority of his time posting sly digs... what kind of wizardry is this? Yet when I called you out on it the other week you conveniently didn't reply?
I don't know if anyone takes personal offense so much as it maybe doesn't look good to newer members who aren't familiar with Jinky and his ways.

And Paddy's right, those quips have almost become cliche at this point. They're just kinda tired. But they're also an easy fallback when you want to create a little humor so it's not likely to change any time soon.

Love ya, Jinkerbell. 😘
"with Jinky and his ways"

and I'm the one being picked up for "sly digs"?! Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I was making a point that maybe, just maybe Andre Silva isn't as shit as people originally made out. Ditto Origi. But yeah, lets have a debate about how horrible I am instead. This board is mental at the moment. No wonder the variation of posters is at an all time low.

It wasn't meant as a dig. You have a style of humor that stands out a bit amongst us. That's all.

I don't think anyone particularly slagged Andre Silva off?

I did pass on information, first hand from Jeff, that we were never ever actually interested in him, despite being linked for about four windows in a row. That's it I think.

Not scoring enough goals is most definitely going to cost us both points and league position . Europe is not going to be a consideration you would have to think , and we're very strong at the back which should keep us away from the bottom three .

But - what is most definitely preventing us from scoring more ?

Is it a failure to implement a back 4 ?
Jiminez not being the player he was ?
Neto absent ?
Adama's form being even poorer than last year - scoring wise .
Trincao offering nothing on the scoring front ?
Not a threat from set pieces ?

Are we really going to fold if we move to a back 4 ? I'd challenge that .
As others have said it seems as if Bruno is waiting to get to a safe position before we try it perhaps .

We looked atrocious with a back four in pre-season, I'm not in a hurry to try that again with these players.

Raul isn't any different to what he was pre-injury, this is a weird narrative that keeps cropping up. He had plenty of shite games then too.

Outwith Neto, none of our wide players score enough and we have no goal threat at all from central midfield.

I've said before that Silva looked like a donkey when I'd seen him play.

Whether that's still true now is irrelevant to it being true when we were being linked to him.

Bit harsh to say Raul isn't the player he was.....he's had a few poor games, tbf he was capable of that before his horrendous injury, he always comes back hot though.

Not scoring enough goals is most definitely going to cost us both points and league position . Europe is not going to be a consideration you would have to think , and we're very strong at the back which should keep us away from the bottom three .

But - what is most definitely preventing us from scoring more ?

Is it a failure to implement a back 4 ?
Jiminez not being the player he was ?
Neto absent ?
Adama's form being even poorer than last year - scoring wise .
Trincao offering nothing on the scoring front ?
Not a threat from set pieces ?

Are we really going to fold if we move to a back 4 ? I'd challenge that .
As others have said it seems as if Bruno is waiting to get to a safe position before we try it perhaps .
No creativity/ goal threat from out wide mainly.

Pretty easy for the opposition to shut us down if they know they've only got the front 3 to worry about.

That's down to shit recruitment.

That and a coach who is struggling to adapt to the PL.

I don't think anyone particularly slagged Andre Silva off?

I did pass on information, first hand from Jeff, that we were never ever actually interested in him, despite being linked for about four windows in a row. That's it I think.

I think there were quite a few comments along the lines of he’s not that good, we should be looking at better etc etc.

Tbf I thought a forum was about having opinions anyway and discussing them (without being derogatory to one another)

As they say ‘football is a game of opinions’

Are we actually linked with silva now? As if not him being brought up in this thread is abit of a moot point

Back