• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Keir Starmer at it again..

Apologies as it’s from the last period of Labour being in charge however I’ve seen plenty of similar stories to this in recent years. An appalling policy and it’s shameful on all governments since that there are people still in jail on IPP sentences.

Civil liberties were never a huge priority for Blair and Blunkett.

I think the lead is big enough now to risk having at least one half decent policy.
Getting to the point where the Tories will not be able to steal ideas like nonDom tax changes so hopefully there’ll be some new policies forthcoming.

Getting to the point where the Tories will not be able to steal ideas like nonDom tax changes so hopefully there’ll be some new policies forthcoming.
Spare a thought for these poor feckers. Makes an eviction for your family under an S21 notice with nowhere else to go seem like a stroll in the park....

Spare a thought for these poor feckers. Makes an eviction for your family under an S21 notice with nowhere else to go seem like a stroll in the park....

Amongst other things this scrounging jerk had this to say:
'Haidar, 53, who was born in Nigeria but has Lebanese citizenship, donated £360,000 to the Conservatives last year. He said he was not consulted by the government or the Tory party about the decision to scrap the non-dom tax scheme, but that he did not expect to receive special consultation because of his donation.' Yeah right.
Pays no tax but wants all the security and privileges of a base in the UK. This is one of the things that forced Brexit - looking after people like this was being clamped down on by the EU with their directive in 2014 and The City didn't like it. IMHO he can bugger off to Monaco.

Haidar said he was sad to be leaving London, a city that he has called home for more than a decade, but said he had to leave to save his four children the risk of paying inheritance tax on his fortune.

“We love London, we love the lifestyle,” he said. “We love everything about it, and we’re gutted that we have to go, but we have to think of our future, and the future of our children. With such a punitive tax system [now in the UK], for the protection of their future wealth it makes a lot of sense for them to leave and for us to leave.”

What I won't ever be able to understand is that he has already amassed a fortune, one which he'll be hard pressed ever to be able to spend yet he's willing to jeopardise the happiness of his family and their lifestyle in order to save money. Inheritance Tax can be dodged as long as good planning is in place and that he doesn't suddenly pass away but he still puts the possibility of saving tax in front of family/happiness.

If you are voting today don't forget your photo ID.

More MPs have been kicked out of Parliament in this election cycle than people convicted of electoral fraud but hey ho lets inconvenience 30 odd million for the sake of a handful.
Gonna do my bit to get rid of Andy, don’t mention the Conservative Party, Street.

If you are voting today don't forget your photo ID.

More MPs have been kicked out of Parliament in this election cycle than people convicted of electoral fraud but hey ho lets inconvenience 30 odd million for the sake of a handful.
I really hope Labour scrap voter ID but I doubt they will.

I voted on the way to work this morning and did my little bit to try and get rid of Andy Street.

Fuck the Tories.

I think having an East Midlands mayor is pointless. A role over a geographical area which doesn't really exist from a governing perspective. That said Ben Bradley is standing, one of those post Brexit intake of MPs in the mould of Gullis or Anderson, trying to gain a job before getting booted out at the next election, so I've voted.

I think having an East Midlands mayor is pointless. A role over a geographical area which doesn't really exist from a governing perspective. That said Ben Bradley is standing, one of those post Brexit intake of MPs in the mould of Gullis or Anderson, trying to gain a job before getting booted out at the next election, so I've voted.
Slightly weird having an Easy Midlands that doesn’t include Leicester / Leicestershire. Obviously as they are already ‘sorted’ for mayoral resource, but it makes the geographical area something else. Clough Combined Authority Mayor?

Yeah, Leicester City Council refused and the consultation across Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire wasn't in favour, but they ignored that and did it anyway. Derbyshire will lose out, both Bradley and the Labour candidate Ward are from Notts. Other notional areas of the East Mids like Northants and Lincolnshire aren't included.

I read that this morning, nice to know the cunt doesn't mind paying VAT. Fuck off and don't bother coming back.

Back