• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

League Cup 1st Round (or the EFL Cup as we should call it from now on)

McAlinden will win it for Crawley in stoppage time.

McAlinden will win it for Crawley in stoppage time.

Unlikely unless Exeter sell him without him playing a game for them.

It'll be a tiny crowd even by League Cup/EFL Cup standards being as we have two home league games in a week afterwards.

Oh yeah, he was there last season. All the same, I can't see us winning it.

One to probably avoid then. 3,000 crowd and a shit performance resulting in either early exit or just scraping through.

One to probably avoid then. 3,000 crowd and a $#@! performance resulting in either early exit or just scraping through.

It would be nice to see Wilson, Hunte, Collins, Ennis and Randall in action though.

I think I say this every year, but we are due for a cup run.

Until the attitude within the club towards cup competition changes we won't get one. We view them as an inconvenience. The crowd don't care. The team invariably under-performs and we go out early.

I'm due a lottery win. I know which is more likely.

It would be nice to see Wilson, Hunte, Collins, Ennis and Randall in action though.

I'm hoping we are invited to put our U21's in the JPT. Cat A clubs from the U21 Prem League can take part next season and we are one of them.

It's the halfway house attitude I don't get, either play a full team or give the kids a go. Was it Barnet last season where we played Doherty on the right of midfield, where on earth is the value in that?

If tickets were £5 and we were guaranteed to see something like:

--------------------------Flatt--------------------------

Simpson--------Upton---------Breslin----------Deslandes

--------------Herc------Carnat-----Ronan-------------

-----------Randall------Ennis-------Hunte-----------------

Then I might go, would be interesting to see how they got on. We won't though, it'll be a mix of fringe (ie shite) senior players, the odd couple of first teamers we decide we can't possibly drop and a couple of kids, it'll be dull and at best you get low key progress where you learn next to nothing.

No value in attending our cup games at the moment, if you're foolish enough to part with your money then you can't say you haven't been adequately warned by everything we've done in the last 10 years under multiple managers.

Aston Villa are away to Luton Town. I thought that clubs relegated from the Premier league were exempt until the second round.

Aston Villa are away to Luton Town. I thought that clubs relegated from the Premier league were exempt until the second round.

Newcastle and Norwich are.

Villa finished bottom so they have to suffer with the rest of us due to making up the numbers

Back