• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

League table without VAR affecting results

I get the premise, but it doesn't really work. The best example is Leicester vs Spurs being a draw because Leicester won 2-1 and Spurs had a goal disallowed. In reality though that would have put Spurs 2-0 and in all likelihood would have gone on to win. The disallowed goal was a huge momentum changer.

So var has cost us more points so far than any other team. Leicester have benefitted more than any other team.

Typical!

Maybe we should stop scoring disallowable goals?

Every goal is dis-allowable if you go back far enough. There should be some kind if limit in rewind time before the goal is scored (10 seconds max?) and the whole counting millimeters with a camera and robots and slomo replay is bullshit. If its not obvious to the human eye (ie. referee) it shouldnt be offside.

Every goal is dis-allowable if you go back far enough. There should be some kind if limit in rewind time before the goal is scored (10 seconds max?) and the whole counting millimeters with a camera and robots and slomo replay is bullshit. If its not obvious to the human eye (ie. referee) it shouldnt be offside.

Ridiculous.

You are of course entitled to your opinion. Personally I feel the spirit of the game is completely ruined by waiting 3,4 minutes after every goal to have robots see if its legal or not.

You are of course entitled to your opinion. Personally I feel the spirit of the game is completely ruined by waiting 3,4 minutes after every goal to have robots see if its legal or not.
Don't normally agree with you Monstrum but I am in total agreement with you here. The game has become about millimetres and slow motion replays to find fault rather than playing to the spirit the rules were intended for (I.e. Don't goal hang and don't kick people).

the whole counting millimeters with a camera and robots and slomo replay is bullshit. If its not obvious to the human eye (ie. referee) it shouldnt be offside.

This. Its simple really. Let the referee and his assistant manage the game unless there's a clear and obvious error. The Cutrone/Raul VAR decision the other week was laughable. Its destroying the live experience.

It's worth mentioning that the offside line in rugby is policed nowhere near as accurately (for want of a better word).. but I guess being offside in football usually means a far greater advantage than being offside in rugby

VAR should just be scrapped. It's horrible. Human errors are part of sport, and the only reason VAR was brought in is to stop the whingeing of select high profile managers. Even though it just gives them something different to whinge about.

This. Its simple really. Let the referee and his assistant manage the game unless there's a clear and obvious error. The Cutrone/Raul VAR decision the other week was laughable. Its destroying the live experience.

Thanks to VAR I am seriously considering stopping buying season tickets. This is quite annoying as last year was the second highest finish I've witnessed.
I understand that the system is to get the right decision but its horrible to witness. If I watch on the TV I'm not so emotionally involved so it isn't quite as rubbish.

I agree. I said it last week. If that is modern football, it can fuck off.

Me too (well three actually, since I have me and my two kids). Last week was so flat, really didn’t enjoy the game - no idea what’s going on, no idea whether to celebrate or not; it’s just not enjoyable. Wolves probably costs me £2k’ish a season, I’m not going to spend that to not enjoy the football.

So rather than people getting it right you posters want to throw it all away and rely on wrong decisions because human error is a part of sport?

Sending off wrong players, not allowing goals, getting offsides wildly wrong?

Nobody seems to want right decisions but you'd all moan like little bitches if the ref got something wrong.

If it was used for clear and obvious errors, no one would have an issue - it’s going the extra to millimetres and looking back five minutes looking for issues that causes the problems

VAR this weekend has once again been found wanting.

The referees need to check the monitor. They are reffing it not some numpty in a box! Review Doc today and you probably give a penalty. Review the elbow and you probably send another player off. Its getting bloody stupid! The point was to make sure we got the right decision when there was a howler now we are not even getting that! Its a chicken shit piece of implementation.

Checking the monitor will waste more time. Either mike the refs up and broadcast it in the ground, then use big screens to talk it through, or fuck it off. Preferably the latter.

Back