• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leeds United

When the Championship calendar was released, did Leeds fixtures excite/worry/interest you? Any more so than, say, Derby or Forest? - I live in Derby, so no. I go to about a dozen games a season though and if other commitments allow this would always be one of them.
If you could sum up Leeds United Football Club in 3 words, what would they be? - Big club underachieving
If you could sum up Leeds United fans in 3 words, what would they be? - Passionate, some dickheads
What's your abiding memory of Leeds United FC? - Only been to Elland Road once which was a Tuesday night in our dual PL relegation season. Sat / stood by the fence, I got wet and it wasn't raining....Alan Smith's own goal in the same season
What's your abiding memory of any Leeds fans you've encountered?
- As above

When the Championship calendar was released, did Leeds fixtures excite/worry/interest you? Any more so than, say, Derby or Forest?
If you could sum up Leeds United Football Club in 3 words, what would they be?
If you could sum up Leeds United fans in 3 words, what would they be?
What's your abiding memory of Leeds United FC?

I'm going to ask a few other fanbases about Leeds to get a decent picture of their image in the league. But if you'd like me to add any questions, let me know.

Thanks for any answers
Not really. To me they're just another team. I have a significant dislike for Steve Evans though.
As per prior answer, just another team.
Re fans, don't really know any. If they're like fans of other clubs, they're fickle, irrational and passionate. You could add "sometimes" before each word to be fair.
My memory would be when we played you and won 1-0 in the QF of the FA Cup in the 90s. Or Alan Smiths OG at Molineux. Did enjoy watching your european venture in 2000 though.
Can only comment on one, who I knew briefly at uni. He was a reasonable like-able fella.

When the Championship calendar was released, did Leeds fixtures excite/worry/interest you? Any more so than, say, Derby or Forest? Not at all TBH - I didn't pay any special attention tothat fixture. The only ones I looked at were Blues, Villa and Rotherham (2 local derbies and my dad's team).

If you could sum up Leeds United Football Club in 3 words, what would they be? Fallen From Grace

If you could sum up Leeds United fans in 3 words, what would they be? Most are fine!

What's your abiding memory of Leeds United FC? Don Goodman, Hans Segers and Muscat throwing a clod of earth! A great, great day.

What's your abiding memory of any Leeds fans you've encountered? I met some in the Great Western before that awesome 4-3 win 2 years ago and they were sound. A really good set of lads. It's a shame that there's an unpleasant element to Leeds fans that I've also encountered (they were going through Birmingham city centre looking for trouble - they may have been playing Blues that day), moreso than the majority of other clubs. I'm sure that pisses off true Leeds supporters just as much though.

I remember Keith Curle being the mud slinger but you must appreciate I have the lousiest memory on here ??

Oh by the way Tony Yeboah............he could tap it in :)

It's been a few years for me, but i still fondly remember the Revie team, classy and hard from front to back.

When the Championship calendar was released, did Leeds fixtures excite/worry/interest you? Any more so than, say, Derby or Forest? No, Not Really
If you could sum up Leeds United Football Club in 3 words, what would they be? No longer great
If you could sum up Leeds United fans in 3 words, what would they be? Aggressive, cocky, unrealistic
What's your abiding memory of Leeds United FC? Hanging off the floodlights in the North Bank, when we beat them to stop all the crap about Wolves players taking bribes. Unbelievable night
What's your abiding memory of any Leeds fans you've encountered? as above

Hi Lads,

Just curious about your opinions about Leeds United and it's fans before Newcastle face them on Sunday. Safe to say Newcastle fans have their opinions, but I was wondering what the view of Wolves fans are.

You can give a different perspective because you went down with them in 04, you've spent a fair amount of time in the same league as them, but had higher highs and not-so-low lows

When the Championship calendar was released, did Leeds fixtures excite/worry/interest you? Any more so than, say, Derby or Forest?
Not particularly, though we have had some decent games in recent years, particularly the 4-3 at our place two seasons ago. Loved being there for that one.
If you could sum up Leeds United Football Club in 3 words, what would they be?

In a mess

If you could sum up Leeds United fans in 3 words, what would they be?
Not so bad...

What's your abiding memory of Leeds United FC?
I've read a lot about Revie and Clough so I always have images of that when I think about Leeds. But my main memory mind is Leon Clarke's winner at Elland Road..

When I was really young me and my brother got talking to two drunk Leeds fans opposite us on the train while my Dad had gone to the toilet. Weird situation but they were having a laugh with us as they had seen our Wolves shirts. Matt Murray practically won that game on his own (1-0, Kightly). They were genuinely very nice guys actually and ended up talking to my Dad too about the game and football in general!

I'm going to ask a few other fanbases about Leeds to get a decent picture of their image in the league. But if you'd like me to add any questions, let me know.

Thanks for any answers

I remember Keith Curle being the mud slinger but you must appreciate I have the lousiest memory on here ??

Oh by the way Tony Yeboah............he could tap it in :)

It was definitely Muscat.

Curle and Jimmy Floyd had an altercation afterwards that almost lead to Curle crushing JFH's jaw!

What minute do I need to be at to find the altercation? I ain't watching 21 minutes! ;)

What minute do I need to be at to find the altercation? I ain't watching 21 minutes! ;)

I just watched it all, brought back good memories. It was in the last minute when Hasselbaink was a bit naughty, Curle did well to control himself.

I just watched it all, brought back good memories. It was in the last minute when Hasselbaink was a bit naughty, Curle did well to control himself.

Ah yes, the penalty and aftermath...Found it and remember it well

Ah yes, the penalty and aftermath...Found it and remember it well

I was there that day, and the last few minutes seemed to last forever. The scenes outside the ground afterwards were not very pleasant either. I don't think Leeds fans were too happy.

Back