• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leeds United

The Fish

Reaction score
Hi Lads,

Just curious about your opinions about Leeds United and it's fans before Newcastle face them on Sunday. Safe to say Newcastle fans have their opinions, but I was wondering what the view of Wolves fans are.

You can give a different perspective because you went down with them in 04, you've spent a fair amount of time in the same league as them, but had higher highs and not-so-low lows

When the Championship calendar was released, did Leeds fixtures excite/worry/interest you? Any more so than, say, Derby or Forest?
If you could sum up Leeds United Football Club in 3 words, what would they be?
If you could sum up Leeds United fans in 3 words, what would they be?
What's your abiding memory of Leeds United FC?
What's your abiding memory of any Leeds fans you've encountered?

I'm going to ask a few other fanbases about Leeds to get a decent picture of their image in the league. But if you'd like me to add any questions, let me know.

Thanks for any answers

Hi Lads,

Just curious about your opinions about Leeds United and it's fans before Newcastle face them on Sunday. Safe to say Newcastle fans have their opinions, but I was wondering what the view of Wolves fans are.

You can give a different perspective because you went down with them in 04, you've spent a fair amount of time in the same league as them, but had higher highs and not-so-low lows

When the Championship calendar was released, did Leeds fixtures excite/worry/interest you? Any more so than, say, Derby or Forest?
What's your abiding memory of Leeds United FC?
What's your abiding memory of any Leeds fans you've encountered?

I'm going to ask a few other fanbases about Leeds to get a decent picture of their image in the league. But if you'd like me to add any questions, let me know.

Thanks for any answers

Bad day Lycan? ;)

When the Championship calendar was released, did Leeds fixtures excite/worry/interest you? Any more so than, say, Derby or Forest?; Not really. Been there a couple of times but their ticket pricing is worse than ours so unlikely to go to Elland Road this season.
If you could sum up Leeds United Football Club in 3 words, what would they be?; (a)fallen big club
If you could sum up Leeds United fans in 3 words, what would they be?; Living in North Yorks I have family and friends who are Leeds fans... 3 words? passionate, disgruntled, hopeful
What's your abiding memory of Leeds United FC?; Bremner, Lorimer and Clarke
What's your abiding memory of any Leeds fans you've encountered?; Generally a good bunch but every team has their share of dickheads

Is there a need to be this rude? If you don't care, don't post.

I dont get why we or other fans that are not local to Leeds or Man Utd supporters sing 'We all hate Leeds'. I for one dont have any bother for Leeds to be honest.

think it's just a bit of fun.
anyway from the 70's era - Revie's Brown Envelopes, Dirty Cheating Bastards, Bremner Giles Hunter

Good team 1970's

I remember the Leeds side from the late 60's and early 70's. They were a good team, but had a few nasty players in there. Though go be fair, they could play when they wanted to. They really should have won more trophies than they did.

Shouldn't this thread be in other sports? And hopefully with one particular post removed.

Any chance of someone else answering the questions Fish asked?

We aren't usually so dismissive with visitors to the forum...

I'll move this to Other Sport.

And to The Fish - please do ignore the rudeness. You're more than welcome on here and hopefully more people will contribute to the thread.

Sorry for having that opinion. Was no need to be so rude though but then again he is one of the chosen few on here!

That's not particularly helpful either. Can we just let the thread get back on track please?

Hi Lads,

When the Championship calendar was released, did Leeds fixtures excite/worry/interest you? Any more so than, say, Derby or Forest? Not really any of those - though nor did the Forest or Derby ones do either
If you could sum up Leeds United Football Club in 3 words, what would they be? Clough, uncompromising, chaotic (of late)
What's your abiding memory of Leeds United FC? Norman Hunter taking someone out (fairly for the time he played)
What's your abiding memory of any Leeds fans you've encountered? Haven't had one thats memorable enough to comment on

Thanks for any answers

Indeed Darlo, though the thread hardly received a warm welcome. We want to attract new members, yet they are greeted with rudeness.

Anyway, back on topic:

When the Championship calendar was released, did Leeds fixtures excite/worry/interest you? Any more so than, say, Derby or Forest? - Not really, just another team in our league.

If you could sum up Leeds United Football Club in 3 words, what would they be? - 70's, skilful, ruthless.

If you could sum up Leeds United fans in 3 words, what would they be? Loyal, misguided, troublesome.

What's your abiding memory of Leeds United FC? Wolves beating them in the last game of the season, handing the title to Derby County.

What's your abiding memory of any Leeds fans you've encountered? Loyal, misguided, troublesome.

Back