• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leicester 0-0 Wolves We've been roobbed Verdict thread:

Well you can't change it now that a team has potentially lost two points (of course it's facile to say we'd definitely have won 1-0, who knows). They're the rules and we'll see how it goes.

If we're looking at decisions today that may well have cost us then I'm pretty sure Jota was brought down when clean through by Evans. And that's just Orange Gob being a rubbish ref.
100% brought down by evans, foul and red card. Bananas decision, if he thought it wa sa fucking dive, shouldnt he give jota a yellow??

I couldn’t believe that at the time either. Was a really good bit of play between him and Raul too

eab2160fec5a161de0160785e1dafa6f.jpg

Can somebody post the deflections law please?

Well as long as its interpreted that way every time I will get used to it.

A draw was a fair result, however if Raul and Jota had bought their shooting boots we would not be talking about the one that got away

Again its poor bold Wily and VAR!

Have no problem if it's used consistently throughout the season - it won't & will get refined as we move forward

Playing Leicester and Andre Marriner and coming away with a point is a decent result

What a fucking load of nonsense, different rules for attacking and defending, VAR. It's a not very good system implemented by idiots.

On a positive - Travelling 6000+ miles wasn't a problem for us so well done the team behind the scenes who managed that trip and the players.

The handball rule is bullshit. I fully get them wanting to stop goals scored via the hand, accident or not that is fair enough but accidental hand ball in the build up is utter shit. If you are decided that ball to hand is an offence when it leads to a goal then any handball anywhere on the pitch, accident or not, is an offense.
Disagree with the first paragraph.

Thought we looked absolutely knackered. Doc was like a FIFA player on 5% fitness.

So not really VAR that is the issue here. Infact VAR did what is meant to do....the rule is the issue. The rule makes zero sense as in that scenario if you replace Boly with a Leicester defender and the ball doesn't go in we wouldn't get a penalty. Whoever thought up that rule needs a fucking slap.

So not really VAR that is the issue here. Infact VAR did what is meant to do....the rule is the issue. The rule makes zero sense as in that scenario if you replace Boly with a Leicester defender and the ball doesn't go in we wouldn't get a penalty. Whoever thought up that rule needs a fucking slap.
Biggest irony is it's Boly versus City which went a long way to getting it changed

Disagree with the first paragraph.

Thought we looked absolutely knackered. Doc was like a FIFA player on 5% fitness.

Didn’t think we look knackered at all as a team. I don’t think Doherty was fit though.

So do we have two contradicting rules?

If we stuck with the phrase “clear and obvious “, which I understood was supposed to be the objective of VAR then I’m sure we would avoid these debates that are going to happen week in week out.

We have made a very simple game very complicated to suit the purists. Football is a game of mistakes which is why we love it, but fear that this is the price of progress, and like anything that’s new people don’t like change and especially when it doesn’t make sense or adds any value.

Good point all told.

I thought Saiss was really good when he came on. Was hoping Neto would come on for Dendoncker as he looked knackered to me and I’m actually excited to see Neto.

I think a goal for Cutrone on Thursday would be good for him. Looks like he’s a little nervous still when he gets on the ball.

Thought Cutrone's ball control was very poor - just because he's only just joined and played very little shouldn't have an influence on basic ability to trap a ball.

So do we have two contradicting rules?

If we stuck with the phrase “clear and obvious “, which I understood was supposed to be the objective of VAR then I’m sure we would avoid these debates that are going to happen week in week out.

We have made a very simple game very complicated to suit the purists. Football is a game of mistakes which is why we love it, but fear that this is the price of progress, and like anything that’s new people don’t like change and especially when it doesn’t make sense or adds any value.

I have no complaints with VAR at all today. They have interpreted the rule and given their decision. If that interpretation stays consistent then that is absolutely fine.

Back