• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leicester 0-0 Wolves We've been roobbed Verdict thread:

Thought Cutrone's ball control was very poor - just because he's only just joined and played very little shouldn't have an influence on basic ability to trap a ball.

He had some good touches and some poor ones. Can't judge him off these 2 sub appearances where he has played 15 mins in each. Hopefully gets a start on Thursday.

Bull had a shit first touch. His second was a goal though

I always thought Bulls first touch was pretty good, his second touch was usually a shot on goal and as he had loads of them his first touch must have been good?

Didn’t think we look knackered at all as a team. I don’t think Doherty was fit though.

Possibly should have had Vinagre on the left & Jonny right and held Doherty back for the thursday game which 'should' be an easier game to get back up to full fitness

I'm teasing. It was said by someone years ago. I think maybe Turner (without the word shit in it).

Possibly should have had Vinagre on the left & Jonny right and held Doherty back for the thursday game which 'should' be an easier game to get back up to full fitness

It will have done Doc some good I think. Vinagre and Traore on Thursday now get the opportunity possibly

It will have done Doc some good I think. Vinagre and Traore on Thursday now get the opportunity possibly

Doherty definitely needs to play on Thursday he needs the minutes. Looked well short of match sharpness

You would never start Adama at RWB away against a team like this, one of the issues with having him as a first team option there.

Well, that was a tad disappointing!

So far I don't think VAR has added much to the game of football, it certainly deflated the atmosphere today. Though the decision was correct in accordance with the rules (which is a dreadful rule btw).

Felt we looked a little tired, several times we were just half a yard away from where we needed to be or we miscontrolled a simple ball. Doc should have been subbed at 70 mins as he was dead on his feet (and Raul wasn't far behind him).

Cutrone did OK imo, there was very little opportunity for him, as the game had swung in Leicester's favour. He was really just chasing shadows.

I think we probably shaded the game, had the better chances but a decent draw against a good team.

Doherty definitely needs to play on Thursday he needs the minutes. Looked well short of match sharpness

Has played two games in quick succession think he would benefit more by not playing in that game. If he plays four times in ten or so days would be at higher risk of injury I’d have thought. That said I didn’t think he’d start this one and he did

In my view there are two separate points. I don't have a problem with a goal being disallowed even when the attacking team's handball wasn't deliberate.

I do have a problem with the goal being disallowed if the handball gave the attacking team no advantage. And today's gave us no advantage. But this is an issue with the rule, not the VAR. The VAR properly applied the rule. As long as it's applied with consistency over the course of the season, then there's no real cause for complaint.

Precisely.

If every team is dealt with in the same way then that is all fine and dandy to me.

Just watched the highlights

Raul & Jota had great chances to score

You've got to wonder if the traveling has affected them

Raul looked like he had bags under his eyes!

The VAR properly applied the rule. As long as it's applied with consistency over the course of the season, then there's no real cause for complaint.

Well, technically yes, if it is applied with consistency (I'll be amazed if it is) then there is no cause for complaint about it being fair, but as for the state of the game with rulings like that then there's plenty to complain about.

Well all in all a point isn't bad but we really should have won the game when you take in to account Jota's 2 chances and then Jimenez and Dendoncker's in the second half. Don't think we were tired either to be honest as a side, Doc had to play 90 as he's missed a lot of pre season and that's all it was. The disallowed goal did kill us a little along with the constant wrong decisions from Andre Marriner that pissed our players off constantly and it did get to them. Nev es got booked for dissent and then spoke to Marriner on the pitch after the game too.

I knew the new hand ball rule so i can understand the decision on the basis of hand ball but having seen the replay i'm not 100% sure it hits Boly on the arm and not the shoulder, it definitely hits him on the head after that and drops to Dendoncker, i also feel that Jon Moss wasn't sure as he took forever to give the decision and that's what i would question. At the ground they showed a picture on the big screen of the ball hitting Boly between his shoulder and head which only served to piss off our fans as that made it look like the completely wrong decision.

We limited Leicester to very little today and a lot of sides won't be able to do that at the KP so all the signs were good but we do have to make sure that even in the last 15 minutes or so we don't drop too deep and still have an attacking presence in the game rather than hitting balls towards Cutrone and Jimenez at head height and hoping they hold it up but overall it was a positive game for us and next week it will be interesting to see who plays on Thursday first and then if we can repeat what we did to United last season.

With regards to Patrick.
Near the end of the match the missus says
"I haven't seen Bonatini play for ages"
Hmmm.

Yep. Turner used to mention it in his interviews along the line of: "they (Saunders) say his first touch isn't very good. Well his second ends up in the back of the net!".

I thought Cutrone looked ok, full of energy and enthusiasm and some very good touches in our build up play plus he pulled a very good block near the end from a Leicester effort.

Back