• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leicester 0-0 Wolves We've been roobbed Verdict thread:

hard to be too mad about drawing when we couldn't even get a shot on target with like 4 1v1/2's on goal

Just spotted this comment on FoxesTalk :icon_lol:

They mostly seem to think they got away with it a bit today and Ben Chilwell seems to be becoming their Lee Naylor.

They banned me for 24hrs yesterday for arguing the toss on that verdict thread! The mods over there are like mini Hitlers compared to here.

Raul went down clutching his head after a challenge from (I think) Evans and he didn't stop play either, he was fucking terrible today.
What was particularly poor about this was Marriner didn't even look back to see if Raul had moved.

He also didn't wander back to check on him when the ball went out of play.

What was particularly poor about this was Marriner didn't even look back to see if Raul had moved.

He also didn't wander back to check on him when the ball went out of play.
Didn't even show a replay on TV either.

Let's just say an handball anywhere on the pitch stops the play from now on.
Jota was attacking in the first half,ball bounces back off Evans and hits his arm....play was stopped.
Leicester were through 2nd half,ball played through,hits Leicester players arm and sets up chance.
Fuck accidental etc...it hit his arm,stop the match and give the ball to the other team.
We can't have different handballs all over the pitch...it's ridiculous.

Let's just say an handball anywhere on the pitch stops the play from now on.
Jota was attacking in the first half,ball bounces back off Evans and hits his arm....play was stopped.
Leicester were through 2nd half,ball played through,hits Leicester players arm and sets up chance.
Fuck accidental etc...it hit his arm,stop the match and give the ball to the other team.
We can't have different handballs all over the pitch...it's ridiculous.
There were a couple of potential handballs that Marriner missed/decided weren't handballs. At least one seemed a more obvious handball than Boly's.

The rule is pretty unclear at the moment.

Also, how did we not get a free kick when Jonny was wiped out in the 2nd half? Not sure who steamed through him but he was pretty late (though Marriner had turned his back and so missed it...)

Didn’t think we look knackered at all as a team. I don’t think Doherty was fit though.
In the ground it came across quite clearly that they were struggling. Doc was the most obvious example but Jonny, Moutinho, Raul, Jota and towards the end Dendoncker all looked absolutely shot. They still did their running but their body language off the ball showed just how tired they were and the final whistle clearly came as a relief to quite a few of them.

That was Vardy. Blatant foul, should have been a yellow card and was completely ignored.

Also, how did we not get a free kick when Jonny was wiped out in the 2nd half? Not sure who steamed through him but he was pretty late (though Marriner had turned his back and so missed it...)

That was just Vardy being Vardy. A typical run around, stick your foot in, puff out your chest & get the fans on side bit of play. Marriner of course let him get on with it.

From a Wolves perspective, I've no idea what Jonny was doing faffing around with it for so long.

I've calmed down a little bit now I've had a chance to sleep on it - but they really do need to do something about that rule (they have to persist with it for the whole season now, as it's directly affected the outcome of a match) because it is ridiculous. Providing it is implemented the same way for everyone, I can just about deal with it (even though it's utterly stupid) - but the thing is, you know others will get away with it. Unfortunately, you can stick VAR in and a rigid set of rules, but while you have clowns like Marriner in charge of matches, you'll still end up with questionable decisions left, right & centre.

Wolves should complain about him again.

I was talking up Marriner on here a few weeks ago. Normally let’s a lot of physical stuff go and I equal for both teams.

Yesterday was a joke though. When you see the whole team asking “what the fuck are you doing” then you know if wasn’t just your eyes. Some of them were truly baffling

Biggest one for me was Jota was pushed in the back on half way and nothing given then Doherty commits a similar foul 20 seconds later and it’s a free kick in a dangerous position.

I thought a few members of the team looked tired yesterday but daren't say anything because of the anti Thursday effects brigade tbh. A couple of times Jota and Jimenez ran too quick for their legs to cope with and fell over

I did wonder if it's simply the level of football has jumped up from what we've seen so far though, also maybe Everton were quite fit

Doc looked tired because he’s not match fit.

They were obviously going to be tired from Thursday, but that’s the last time we are going to play in Armenia in 28 degree heat.

Anyone else seen the ball mouth and Sheff United highlights

Sheff United's equaliser looked like it hit an arm first

Chest. There's no point us playing the victim over this. It's the correct interpretation of a crap law, but correct it was.

Not a talkshite fan, but this from Adrian Durham hits the nail on the head

I think most people understand this, the law is clear. The problem is that the law has been changed to make VAR easier, to take decisions away from refs on the pitch. Therefore common sense no longer applies. We've taken common sense out of football. Which is a backwards step.

I’m all for VAR, but surely this is what VAR is for not accidental handballs.

704d144680a80aeb9db8de0b152a4d89.jpg

On the plus side, the argument that VAR will reduce the controversy and talking points for the pub afterwards would appear to be unfounded.

Back