• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leicester (A) 14/8 (3pm) Build Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing has changed in that performance from last season which is to be expected with pretty much the same team.

The one chance we did have was a glorious one he just has to score and when you're away to such a good team and you don't take that you're always going to be in trouble.

We didn't look like a good team in that half, much like last Saturday. Let's hope we can turn it around performance wise in the second half in the same way.

My problem is I don't see the plan again. Just let them pass round the side of us then let it come inside behind our midfield, very strange. I'm sure he doesn't want that to actually happen but it doesn't look well coached in that aspect.

Trincao will learn the hard way it seems, got the quality but needs to be stronger and sharper.

Mind you, we should we have taken the lead. Shame that.

We we’re fine as a team. Certainly not “wide open”.

We only really looked under threat when the back 3 and the GK had possession giving it away.

Attacking play not great. Best opportunities Traore smashes it into 4 players shins when he’s got Raul outside free. If he plays a first time ball accross the face Trincao has a tap in. Traore should then obviously score the 1 v 1.

The goal is just dreadful. Traore giving it away in the first place when a simple ball inside sees us counter. Then poor defending Pereira, skips by Marcal and Moutinho. After that it’s a great cross and finish, can’t really blame Coady and certainly not Sa.

Shame as we we’re getting more control at that stage.

It’ll be the players on the pitch currently that’ll need to turn it around as the bench is limited. Looked ok for most parts but lost our heads a bit in the last 5 minutes.
Reality is I don’t see us scoring can see it petering out in to a routine 2-0 defeat.

I just haven't really seen him showing for the ball often enough. Not getting involved the way he needs to be, IMO.
And yet you're niggling at people for saying Trincao isn't involved enough....

Just me that's having a hard time working out what Raul is doing at the moment?
Spending his time isolated with fuck all support or ball going to him.

We've pressed a bit better but it's still pretty shit to watch. Overrun in midfield, Saiss, Coady and Marçal all terrible. Moutinho can't press as he doesn't have the legs which isolates Neves.

But we should've scored and we do try to get the ball forwards when we have it which is good.

Only two shots on goal in 45 minutes is woeful stuff.

I think Trincao is a perfect example of why Nuno used to keep the new lads shielded for half a season

It’ll be fine. Remember Celta Vigo game. Keep the faith ….. pah

We didn't look like a good team in that half, much like last Saturday. Let's hope we can turn it around performance wise in the second half in the same way.

My problem is I don't see the plan again. Just let them pass round the side of us then let it come inside behind our midfield, very strange. I'm sure he doesn't want that to actually happen but it doesn't look well coached in that aspect.

Trincao will learn the hard way it seems, got the quality but needs to be stronger and sharper.

Mind you, we should we have taken the lead. Shame that.
I think given the personnel he’s got then we’re always going to struggle. But we’ve restricted them and should have taken the lead. Distribution from the back has been whats put us most under pressure.

I think Trincao is a perfect example of why Nuno used to keep the new lads shielded for half a season
Think he's been ok, not had much of the ball but had tried to do something with it when he has. Tracked back well too.

He'll adapt to the pace and strength of opposition players shortly which is where he's struggling.

I live in hope for a storming second half from us, with Raul up front, there is hope.

I think given the personnel he’s got then we’re always going to struggle. But we’ve restricted them and should have taken the lead. Distribution from the back has been whats put us most under pressure.
But we saw last week that they can be more aggressive, and on the front foot in the second half. So let's hope he encourages them to be more aggressive again. He can't have been happy with that first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back