• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leo Bonatini

Is he good enough?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
So, he's our main striker for the next four months at least.

What do we reckon? I think he lacks a bit of pace but he's a damn good footballer and he's taken his two goals well.

So, he's our main striker for the next four months at least.

What do we reckon? I think he lacks a bit of pace but he's a damn good footballer and he's taken his two goals well.
Agreed and his link up play is good too. I think he is an excellent acquisition.

His 2 goals have been good to see in different ways. His first showed good composure going through one on one. His second was an instinctive finish from a ball fired across. From what I've seen he looks pretty strong, holds the ball up well and brings the other attackers into play. Won't get 20+ goals I wouldn't imagine, but will chip in along with Costa, Cav, Jota and Bright.

He's played well every time I've seen him. My only criticism is that he seems to fade as the game goes on.

He's a cracking footballer though, his link up with Jota in particular is superb.

He's played well every time I've seen him. My only criticism is that he seems to fade as the game goes on.

He's a cracking footballer though, his link up with Jota in particular is superb.

Is it possible he isn't fully fit i.e. hasn't had a full preseason? Not sure what the football calendar is like out in the middle east

Think he's played quite well, also considering he started our first game not very long after joining. Good enough, as a simple question, yeah he looks it.

Is it possible he isn't fully fit i.e. hasn't had a full preseason? Not sure what the football calendar is like out in the middle east

He hadn't kicked a ball for about three months when we bought him. Hence playing vs Yeovil, he needs the miles in his legs.

He's ok, but he goes missing for large spells in games. We still need better.

His debut was impressive considering he had been in the UK a few days. The difference in our play when he went off was clear to see. He won't get a lot of 9 or 10 out of 10 games (unless Tim likes him) but he will an important part of how we play and the likes of Jota, Ivan and Bright will work well with him.

Peak Fletcher would actually be superb for us now.

He's way past that now though, the baldy bastard.

That's praise from you!! The closest I have seen you like a striker since Fletcher was here
Well he's at least the right type of forward, both for this system and my affections, whether he's good enough is still up in the air given I've only seen him once.

I like that he looks to play those little one-twos to get the wider forward players in, some of his movement and control looks pretty well suited that sort of role. Question marks over his mobility so far though, whether that's fitness related or a longer term issue is hard to tell just yet. Doesn't always seem able or perhaps lacking a little desire to get back into the danger area after some of his link up play. Certainly a long way from some of the hopeless forwards to have rocked up at Molineux in recent years, he at least looks competent, but plenty of scope for improvement too.

Good ol' Scottish Berbs would've been a dream playing this sort of football, the quality to do the link up and always a threat in the box too. Doesn't look like he's really got it in him anymore though.

Good signs so far.

Think there's much more to come from him as he further adjusts and gets fitter and won't be getting fatigued after 60-70 mins.

Has two goals and could've (should've) had a third at Derby too. At this stage all things considered it'd be tough to ask for a lot more IMO.

I really dont know...im between yay and nay..not seen enough of him to judge

I have been pretty impressed so far. As he approaches full match fitness he should keep improving.

I can only comment on the Boro game.
Brought the wider forwards in well, took his goal with aplomb, lacks pace, tired but that was understandable, seemed to play on his heels waiting for the ball rather than making runs, but he hadn't trained with the team for more than a session or two so again understandable. If the final two points can be put down to rustiness then he'll be fine until Jan and maybe beyond, but we have to keep him fit. My concerns on not bringing another forward of similar type in are driven more by a potential injury than they are in my faith in the player.

Back