• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion: 2020/21

Thank you!

so I am right. It’s GUIDELINES that are the issue not a RULE
Semantics really, it doesn't matter either way. While we play in the Premier League then whatever PGMOL says, they are the rules.

Thank you!

Yes, but as I said last night, it's not the VAR ref's fault. He is ruling correctly based on what he is told to do. So people can call Coote all the names under the sun and oh so comically mispell his name, but he made the correct decision based on the interpretation he has been to told to follow by Riley. He is the real villain

I agree TT. Riley is the villain. But Coote was VAR both last night and for the City game today. Never even got the lines out for a City goal that looked at least as contentious as ours last night. That is not a good look.

Thank you!

I’m not sure why you are clinging onto this so badly? The “rules” in the PL say Podence was offside.

Its the same rule for every team in the competition in every game.

It wasn’t a dig at you, it’s just after years of this offside nonsense we still get the same questions every time.

- How is he offside his feet are behind him. - That isn’t how they judge it, it’s the furthest legal body part, so often was armpit in old handball rule, is now t shirt.

-How can they tell he’s offside from that angle. - the cameras are Calibrated so that it’s perfect to the pixel. They might not look offside on the angle shown, but they don’t use that particular angle, they use all the angles to form a 3D picture.

- Look how big the line is, how can that be accurate. - As above, It’s accurate to the nearest pixel. The lines are just enhanced afterwards for illustrative purposes.

There’s probably more that wind me up. But they are the classics for every VAR offside.

What does make it a total nonsense (beyond it just ruining the game), is that the frame rate of the cameras isn’t good enough. So there can be like a foot of tolerance either way if both players are running fast in opposite directions. Which makes judging people offside by mm’s pretty stupid and renders and decision moving forward to continue to use such geometric precision using the current technology also stupid.

The first chant Molineux might hear after over a year away might be “Fuck VAR”

Chelsea already 2 up against Place, in under ten minutes too.

Yes, but as I said last night, it's not the VAR ref's fault. He is ruling correctly based on what he is told to do. So people can call Coote all the names under the sun and oh so comically mispell his name, but he made the correct decision based on the interpretation he has been to told to follow by Riley. He is the real villainous
As if this conversation wasn't fun enough last night.
In fairness I had let it go but was asked a question.
When I did my refs course I had to learn the laws of the game and then the interpretations.
It’s semantics as you say but the offside rule should be easy. I get frustrated at any tesm losing a goal because offside is called for a part of their body that should the ball go in the goal off it’s likely to be chalked off for handball. I am still mystified as to last nights goal and today MSN City doesn’t get anywhere near the scrutiny. Liverpool got a tough call too.
Rules guidelines whatever it’s ruining the game

I'm putting a tenner on Palace finishing bottom next season. Roy is away apparently, aging squad and a few out of contract I think.

I'm putting a tenner on Palace finishing bottom next season. Roy is away apparently, aging squad and a few out of contract I think.
I’m tempted to agree. Oldest squad and loads out of contract. Plus Wilf isn’t half as good as he thinks he is.

I get frustrated at any tesm losing a goal because offside is called for a part of their body that should the ball go in the goal off it’s likely to be chalked off for handball. I am still mystified as to last nights goal and today MSN City doesn’t get anywhere near the scrutiny. Liverpool got a tough call too.
Rules guidelines whatever it’s ruining the game
That shouldn't be the case though. If the ball hits the player above the sleeve line then it's not supposed to be handball.

The sleeve line thing has actually made it worse.
I don’t think feet fixes the problem, you could end up being 6ft offside from a diving header for example. But it’s better than the current shit show.

The only way to fix it for me is removing it.

I dunno, if Newcastle stay up (more or less by default) then Bruce will stay, and they'll still be appalling and average under a point a game. They're insanely lucky to have 29 from 30 this year and all the signs are that his obscene good fortune that he's had for way too long is drifting away, the results are now matching the performances.

Plus two of Barnsley, Bournemouth, Reading, Cardiff or Millwall will make the playoffs. If one of those wins them then they'd be as good as nailed on surely.

So a year away from attending and the only change in terms of teams we see rock up at Molineux could just be Leeds instead of Sheff Utd if all 3 relegated come back up.

Back