• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2023/24

Its a moot point anyway, he wont be playing wide left for England. It will be Foden or Saka.
Saka for me, every time.

Still waiting 🤣.
I'll have another look tomorrow once youve found a link 👍

For someone else to find the stuff you can't be arsed to do? Yeah you'll be waiting all night.
Ive done nothing else since this question started. There is no footage of Foden performing on the wide left that I can find. 🤣🤣🤣

Foden has literally played on the left against Wolves. Ripped Chiquinho to shreds in the game KDB scored 4.

From all of 6 weeks ago, but it doesn't count because it's Brentford
He wasnt playing wide left, more centrally, yes, cutting in a bit and finishing with his left, starting his runs from about 30 yards out.
Not wide left ala Grealush, Rashford blah, blah..

He wasnt playing wide left, more centrally, yes, cutting in a bit and finishing with his left, starting his runs from about 30 yards out.
Not wide left ala Grealush, Rashford blah, blah..
His starting position was as the left hand side of a front 3. He doesn't play wide right either, but you seem to want to position him there. I'll stop here, because there's a clear lack of understanding

The phrase "taking the piss" comes to mind.

Can someone find me some footage of WG Grace batting in a Test match please? I'm not interested in your books, historical accounts and universally accepted fact, no shit YouTube video with ropey mid 2000s Dutch techno over the top then I'm not having it.

That's settled then. Foden on the left, Kane down the middle and Saka on the right 🤣.
Cant wait to see it.

His starting position was as the left hand side of a front 3. He doesn't play wide right either, but you seem to want to position him there. I'll stop here, because there's a clear lack of understanding
He does play wide right, as in receives the ball and cuts in on his left. He can't go past people on the right as he doesn't trust his right foot and that's not the optimum, percentage thing for his abilities.
Saka can do both.

He does play wide right, as in receives the ball and cuts in on his left. He can't go past people on the right as he doesn't trust his right foot and that's not the optimum, percentage thing for his abilities.
Saka can do both.
It's funny how we all see things differently.
From my perspective Saka tends to stay on the right side and cuts in, doesn't do much differently.
Foden on the other hand does that from both sides, he also plays in the 10 position and arrives from deep centrally.
My front 3 would be Foden, Kane and Saka.
They're our best 3 front players by some distance and would work well together in that formation.

The irony is there's plenty of footage of Foden playing off the left in his goal compilations on YouTube.

In the Premier League in 2022-23, Foden played 88% of his minutes out wide, with 57% coming on the left flank. It is a curious tactic of Guardiola’s to play Foden on the left, because he usually plays his wingers on their ‘unnatural’ side of the pitch; inverted so they can cut inside onto their stronger foot.

I know it's great on paper but anybody thinking Southgate will play anybody but Rashford is deluded.

Back