• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2023/24

Alas, I couldn't make it. Suffice to say that we wouldn't have been so comfortable had I been in attendance! Just my kind of luck innit.

I don't think this is a good idea, you'll still get the very close call decisions and lines being drawn, God knows why anyone thinks otherwise, and it'll give a huge advantage to the attacker, although it may actually result in fewer goals as teams at least initially will surely defend deeper.

Attachments

• 20230704_091843.jpg
    20230704_091843.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 14
I’ve said it before but it’s absolutely idiotic.

Anyone advocating it can never have played the game or certainly not as a defender.

Your basically completely changing how you act as a defender and set pieces are going to be an absolute shambles.

Will completely change the game and anyone playing high defensive lines or offside traps is going to get found out.

Oh and good look a linesman telling if someone who looks 3 yards offside might not actually be offside as their feet are overlapping. Pretty much nothing will be given live as they don’t even give clear ones now.

They've been overcome some shocking tactics from Carsley. Plenty of premier League regulars though so you'd imagine they'd be a cut above.

They've been overcome some shocking tactics from Carsley. Plenty of premier League regulars though so you'd imagine they'd be a cut above.
Should be a good final too, will be interesting to see what Spain do and how Gomes and Jones cooper with their midfield.

Ruiz looks a good striker.

We look odd with Garner at RB and no striker, the movement of ESR and MGW is superb.

Was watching the cricket so missed most of the final. Saw the goal, but flicked it over at the end to see MGW getting sent off.

Good stuff that they managed to hold on. Impressive to not concede a goal throughout too.

Strange old final.

Quality was fairly poor but enthralling nonetheless.

So pleased we've finally won something!
Yeah it was a shit game tbf, though it speaks of how far we've come in the last 10-15 years at youth levels I think. Time gone by a team like Spain would've passed rings round us

Even though he missed the pen is definitely take Ruiz (at Braga) and the Spain keeper (at Barça B).

Harwood-Bellis looks a cracking CB and ESR is still a cracking talent.

Modueke looks shite.

After losing in the finals of the Champions League, Europa League, Europa Conference and U20 International Italy finally triumphed last night beating Portugal 1-0 in the final of the U19 Championships

I've had to scratch that itch.

So it's FK Struga vs Valgiris in the first round, second leg of the Champions League qualification stage on TNT Sports 2*!

(They've rebadged it, you fool)

If only there was a written language through which we could express our emotions. ;)
giphy.gif

I watched a bit of West Ham v Spurs as it was on free to air on channel 10. My brother was obviously very invested but it was typically uninspiring pre season stuff so I went in the other room and watched masterchef

Anyone watching the Womens World Cup?

Cracking atmosphere in the Ireland v Australia game so far

Back