• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2023/24

I don't know. I think if that happens at the other end we'd all be pretty happy about it, it just didn't go the way we wanted it to?
Think that goal would have been scrubbed had United scored it? I don't. I'm sick of goals being scrubbed on minute margins. One of the great FA Cup moments ruined by a CM at a split second when the frame froze

1000074416.jpg

I don't know. I think if that happens at the other end we'd all be pretty happy about it, it just didn't go the way we wanted it to?
I'm not a fan regardless. It's not offside in any meaningful sense. Used to be level and benefit of the doubt to the attacking side. Football isn't staring at a ruler.

I'm not a fan regardless. It's not offside in any meaningful sense. Used to be level and benefit of the doubt to the attacking side. Football isn't staring at a ruler.
It is offside, doesn't matter how often you say it isn't.

It's even been proven for you.

Last week you wanted to take away the interfering with play element to the offside law as offside is offside. Seems a little inconsistent with your take on this

Personally i am ok (generally) with the offsides, they're binary.

Also from next season they'll seem much more clinical as it'll be automated.
How will that work with 'phases of play' and not interfering? Offside is very subjective now as Kilman demonstrated the other week.

Last week you wanted to take away the interfering with play element to the offside law as offside is offside. Seems a little inconsistent with your take on this
I'd accept hawkeye offside decisions as there would at least be some consistency and we'd lose the fucking rulers but I don't see how they manage it with the laws being as they are.

This is why I was an advocate of a margin of error. With that applied the above picture wouldn't be a tiny offside that pisses everyone off for being against the spirit of the rule. But instead of they would have to be a good few inches off, so you could see that they were clearly off. And then there is no doubt about correct frames and that sort of bollocks.

Yeah I saw the ruler. Very exciting.
Offside is a concept in rugby, yet they always just eyeball it and give the attacker the benefit of the doubt. No rulers, just a big screen and the ref and TMO use their eyes. In a sport where there have been video refs for about 20 years.

The issue with the rulers is it's very hard to know how you can train as a player/team to stop these millimetre offsides from happening without just losing your attacking edge.

No one ever asked for the offside line to be policed like this. And I say this as someone who argued long before it was cool for video refs in football (having seen how seamlessly it tends to work in rugby).

Ma
This is why I was an advocate of a margin of error. With that applied the above picture wouldn't be a tiny offside that pisses everyone off for being against the spirit of the rule. But instead of they would have to be a good few inches off, so you could see that they were clearly off. And then there is no doubt about correct frames and that sort of bollocks.
Margin of error just moves the decision line a bit. The contentious decision is still tight in the line though

Forest behaviour is about as mature as when Alan Partridge found out he wasn’t getting a second series.

Seems Clattenburg and Webb have something of a difference of opinion. Forest say he rang him to object to the Attwell appointment, Webb says all he said was that Nuno would highlight it in a press conference

Clattenburg has an article in one of tomorrow’s rags complaining further. I reckon all 3 would have stood if given.

Clattenburg has an article in one of tomorrow’s rags complaining further. I reckon all 3 would have stood if given.
That as always is the issue, the world of clear and obvious. The first 2 are opinion, is it a foul or a dive? Is the ball kicked from a position where he couldn't do anything about it? Is that arm in an unnatural position? The one which is clearly wrong is the 3rd, Taylor says "he's won the ball", when he clearly didn't, that's the big VAR mistake

Whatever the accuracy of the decisions, whatever you think of Forest's response, wtf are PGMOL thinking? Allowing an official who might have a vested interest to be on var, they couldn't be more inept if they tried.

Back