• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2023/24

When I see decisions like this, I think "what does the ref really think that he's just seen?". There is also the linesman/assistant referee to come into play as well, but they rarely do*.
I can sort of forgive the handball decision, as it doesn't look like it's his head in real time, but he's actually outside of the D and nowhere near the box.

*there was an odd five minutes last week in our game against West Ham. Firstly their player tripped/got his feet mixed up/tried a trick or pass that didn't come off and inexplicably knocked it out for a corner with no Wolves player within three yards. Ref looks perplexed and goes to award a goal kick until the linesman steps in. Again, what did the ref think he'd seen that made 'goal kick' his thought?
Just afterwards the other linesman, not wanting to be outdone in the incompetence stakes, fails to flag for a ball very clearly out of play. Much derision from the players, bench and crowd, only to flag some time later (seconds I know but very, very late). Clearly got some call in his ear, but what did he think had happened initially? Or was he just not paying attention at all?

Paul here thinks the decision was spot on

1712839356596.png
Yes Paul, it can be confusing, so confusing you can mix up body parts and totally lose where a player is on the pitch

I mean it’s not even close, Geoff Eltringham was the ref, don’t know him. The assistant surely has to help out there to.

Ref kick?

I would happily give up a penalty for that exchange

West Ham doing another Moyes special tonight

Well I was watching the West Ham game expecting the Germans to win comfortably, as soon as I saw Liverpool were losing 2-0 I thought oh yes I’ll have a bit of that.

Liverpool have been absolutely wank, so many underhit passes and sloppy touches.

West Ham eventually concede they’ve dreadful again

Yeah, watched the first half and a bit of the second, got fed up of their anti football tactics.

26 efforts conceded to just their solitary 1 so far I think it’s this stuff that pisses West Ham fan off

Back