• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2023/24

Yeah I get that. And the whole midfield structure is totally different and I can see that, but still it's a nagging feeling I have overall.

One of ESPN’s paywall pieces recently was looking at it and concluded something that has given me great anxiety about GO. In short, “Bournemouth under Iraola are starting to look quite decent, whilst Wolves are starting to look like last season’s Bournemouth”.
It's almost as if they don't understand what taking the first choice attacking trio out of a team does to their results.

It's almost as if they don't understand what taking the first choice attacking trio out of a team does to their results.
There's a good gif somewhere with a stick man and 'the point' that seems appropriate about now.

Tbf they were looking deeper than that. They called out our injuries but our trend is toward how Bournemouth were scrapping through results last season, with similar underlying indicators (low field tilt, negative xG diff, etc).

In both cases, last season at Bournemouth and now since January 1st here, fair to say that GO has been swimming upstream a bit in terms of available quality.

Either way Gary has earned the job for next season so hopefully it’s something we arrest with time.

Take Solanke out of the side for 50% of the season and see how they cope. Plus Bournemouth won’t be going on a nice little spending spree every summer and will soon be in a the sell to buy category.

That's a false argument, you take Solanke out and they aren't as good but they aren't playing with 10 men. They have developed Solanke from a signing everyone was mocking them for making with his early struggles, into a player who has continually improved under different managers and made changes to his game, and is now highly regarded.

Am not sure why some on here find it so hard to credit other sides, it doesn't lessen your support for Wolves.

That's a false argument, you take Solanke out and they aren't as good but they aren't playing with 10 men. They have developed Solanke from a signing everyone was mocking them for making with his early struggles, into a player who has continually improved under different managers and made changes to his game, and is now highly regarded.

Am not sure why some on here find it so hard to credit other sides, it doesn't lessen your support for Wolves.

Do you want to be more patronising, Bournemouth have recovered well I’ll extend it to remove their front line for a long period they’d have struggled if we keep our first 11 fit we’re probably 3 places higher up the league.

That's different to how you worded it so apologies for sounding patronising. I didn't get you were making a direct comparison between our injuries and them.

Kluivert is finally coming good but it's taken him till now to get to this stage and he'd not offer the same focal point Solanke does.

That's different to how you worded it so apologies for sounding patronising. I didn't get you were making a direct comparison between our injuries and them.

Kluivert is finally coming good but it's taken him till now to get to this stage and he'd not offer the same focal point Solanke does.

No worries mate, I agree Bournemouth have improved nevertheless I think their season has been far more stable in the sense of injuries and transfer business compared to our coping with players out regularly.

Fabio with a Rangers assist just. 'A good pre season under GON, could do a job loike'

Are you watching Jeff, your china cup is now worth more then Fabio..

Rangers are really poor the fact they’ve held onto Celtics coat tails until now is a surprise.
Pretty sure Ross County are the most northern professional club in the Uk. It’s a various nice location also.

Yeah, Loyalty Mick created a right mess, they've done alright to make it a semblance of a scrap (also Brodge seems a busted flush these days, so Celtic aren't as good as they should be). On the whole there's so much of that squad needs purging and signing gutless crap like Fabio doesn't help.

Dingwall itself has a population that wouldn't fill Victoria Park.

Yeah, Loyalty Mick created a right mess, they've done alright to make it a semblance of a scrap (also Brodge seems a busted flush these days, so Celtic aren't as good as they should be). On the whole there's so much of that squad needs purging and signing gutless crap like Fabio doesn't help.

Dingwall itself has a population that wouldn't fill Victoria Park.

I live in Shifnal and it would be like this town having a league 1 side. A lot of fans come from the surrounding areas in the highlands as said very pleasant place to live although playing their on Boxing Day wouldn’t be to pleasant.

Back