• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2023/24

He was literally in the last squad? (As was Gordon)
Kane, Saka and Grealish were all unavailable and Palmer didn't get a minute. Those three will all be on the plane, so it isn't looking likely he's going to travel unless he carries on like this.

Tough call to make for me on the POTS argument. Foden will achieve more but he's got 5-6 years experience on Palmer, a far better team around him and a far better manager coaching him. Palmer has become Chelsea's best player straight away, he's carrying a mess of a team and with little experience behind him.

Can sort of understand why City would've begrudgingly let Palmer go though, think he's a bit too free spirited for Pep.

Kane, Saka and Grealish were all unavailable and Palmer didn't get a minute. Those three will all be on the plane, so it isn't looking likely he's going to travel unless he carries on like this.

Tbf he wasn't available vs Brazil

Tough call to make for me on the POTS argument. Foden will achieve more but he's got 5-6 years experience on Palmer, a far better team around him and a far better manager coaching him. Palmer has become Chelsea's best player straight away, he's carrying a mess of a team and with little experience behind him.

Can sort of understand why City would've begrudgingly let Palmer go though, think he's a bit too free spirited for Pep.
Rodri will win it, surely?

Rodri, Ødegaard, Foden, Bruno Guimaraes and Saliba have all got better claims on POTY than Palmer IMO.

I mean Solanke is even more important to Bournemouth than Palmer is for Chelsea and no one is picking him.

Rodri, Ødegaard, Foden, Bruno Guimaraes and Saliba have all got better claims on POTY than Palmer IMO.

I mean Solanke is even more important to Bournemouth than Palmer is for Chelsea and no one is picking him.
Often find myself very underwhelmed by Odegaard. Perhaps a bit of an unfair comparison but I see his role in that side similar to De Bruyne for City and from the games I've seen he rarely seems to be the one who raises his game and makes things happen when things aren't clicking. Rice seems to be the one who adds that extra drive from midfield to push them over the line in the games where I've seen them struggle this season.

Serial culprit for that shit

Was just shit play all round, not an area he needed to go into to press Jackson, wasn't going to get close enough to do anything worthwhile either, predictably gets beaten easily and has to chase across to hack him down. Absolute mug.

Conversely, granted it's only 10 minutes but surely Andre Gomes' best ever Everton performance?

Crossing is his main skill though. Who is he crossing to here?

We haven't played like that for about 7-8 years.
Hopefully we’ll have a centre forward next season. It was only a passing comment, though. I didn’t realise Everton paid £20m for him & even with their financial woes they’ll want to at least get their money back. We’re not paying that kind of fee.

Back