• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2023/24

How close was the ref to the penalty spot during the shootout? He actually started walking towards the ball as one of the kicks was taken.

I don’t change my view to suit my argument? Often in the same argument!

My view hasn’t changed I think Newcastle went out at the group stage deservedly as I stated earlier and not moved from that.

My view hasn’t changed I think Newcastle went out at the group stage deservedly as I stated earlier and not moved from that.
Whilst using should/would/could to suit your argument whilst telling me I can’t.

Whilst using should/would/could to suit your argument whilst telling me I can’t.

I said they were lucky in Milan to counter the unlucky view point in Paris.
From what I saw bar 1 very good performance they weren’t good enough to progress. The situation at home v Milan was as much a product of being awful x2 v Dortmund. Look I don’t think it’s a penalty against them but it’s a huge risk you take especially with officials on the continent.
It’s a risk that didn’t pay off.
The real bad luck they had was the draw they had but that’s what happens when you’re new to it.

I said they were lucky in Milan to counter the unlucky view point in Paris.
From what I saw bar 1 very good performance they weren’t good enough to progress. The situation at home v Milan was as much a product of being awful x2 v Dortmund. Look I don’t think it’s a penalty against them but it’s a huge risk you take especially with officials on the continent.
It’s a risk that didn’t pay off.
The real bad luck they had was the draw they had but that’s what happens when you’re new to it.
They had third in the bag even with a bad call, but they went for glory trying to get 2nd and lost. Third would have been a good result and wouldn’t have been seen as a negative.

Without the dodgy penalty they get 2nd and that definitely isn’t negative. Certainly not for a pot 4 team.

Villa probably won’t be in pot 4 though.

Konate continuing to look like a pub footballer since getting back into the side too.

Penny for Klopp's thoughts on what this formation is meant to be.

Keeper, three centre halves, two central midfielders, 4 forwards and Harvey Elliott.

You can see why Alonso is looking like he could be the next best thing, his game management second half as been superb.

Emi will be suspended for Villa's SF 1st leg game as he has 3 yellow cards.
Love that he managed to pick up 2 yellows in 1 game, not get sent off and still has to face a suspension

Villa fans getting annoyed as yellow cards from the QF are wiped out but ignoring that Emi isn't carrying his quota forward - He hit the number required for a ban, even if strange circumstances. If he hadn't been a dick in the shoot out, he would have had the 2 cards against his name removed.

• Haha
Reactions: jlo
Watching Leicester v Albion ... 2-1 to Leicester currently but the Bagges have missed so many chances. Vardy has missed a pen and a tap in. Good entertainment and nice to see the game being played as it should be without VAR nonsense. Coady was slow tracking the run for the Albion goal.... but otherwise looked OK. Game could end up 3-3 the way it is going or even a Baggies win if they can make use of their chances as the Foxes are wobbling.

Playoffs sorted in the National League

Solihull Moors vs Gateshead (winners play Barnet away)
Altrincham vs Halifax (winners play Bromley away)

Boreham Wood, Kidderminster, Dorking and Oxford City relegated, York and Ebbsfleet survive on the last day

Looks like it is bye bye Luton. They are really struggling.
Really wanted them to stay up and Everton or Forest to go down.

Back