• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool 2-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

GON:

To come out and fight from 2-0 down with 10-men is commendable, really proud of the boys

Disappointed with the red card - ref had a really good view, he's fractionally late, yellow is fine

VAR doesn't even pause it right - there's no way VAR need to get involved

This season has been totally unacceptable from officiating this season

I'll be accused of moaning, I'm not

But for the whole league, not just Wolves - way below the standard it should be

Semedo red looks appealable, VAR have tried their best for him not to be here next season

Nelson is massive to us, desperate for him to stay and hopefully the club can get something done

If we want to be serious as a club, we need to keep our best players

On Che Adams: Still under contract at Southampton, they've still got a massive game to play, we know he's out of contract and we know he's a number 9

Whoever doesn't want to be with us next season, no problem, we get the best price

It should mean something to play for Wolves, people will say we should have kept certain players

Would it have helped? No it wouldn't have helped, we're much better off without them
When he watches the Semedo incident back he'll be embarrassed by those comments.

We're clearly in for Che Adams which is a shame as he's shit.

Our end of season form is appalling, he has to start well or knives will be out early as there will be no more excuses.

When he watches the Semedo incident back he'll be embarrassed by those comments.
Mike Dean said a bid snidily, not even GON can complain about that one.

On Adams I'd imagine our best chance of not signing him will be if they go up

Certain Red.
Thought we played well with 10 men, could have got a draw against the best manager and best team in the world (Sarcasm).

Var again with the offside goal, did anyone see the lines, they showed feck all on Bein.

Rewatched it and Mac Alister jumps in two-footed.

Anyways, the red is whatever. I just don't understand when the VAR sees fit to intervene and when it doesn't. Damsgaard stamp? No issue. Soucek forearm? No issue. Semedo late tackle? RED

Coaches challenge seems the only fair way forward, and take the ref out of the equation by doing away with on-field screens for rewatching.

Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 10.13.59.png

Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 10.14.47.png

Again, I take no issue with the decision. But the decision-making process is hopelessly flawed. VAR should not be allowed to decide when it does and does not intervene. Leave it to the coaches on a request basis.

Blatant red. Can't be described as a tackle, and if I'd been McAllister i'd probably have gone as well due to my reaction 🙂

Semedo gets unlucky with the timing but in a vacuum it's exactly the sort of call VAR should be there to help refs make.

Two things Mac Alistwr gets to the ball first yes two footed but in absolutely no danger to Nelson whatsoever.
It’s a tackle that doesn’t need to be made in that area of the field either.

Back