• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (A) 19/5: Build-Up & Match Thread

...in the PL and it's obscene bearing in mind what others get. I am sure you agree.
You have to judge the market for what it is and footballers have earned obscene wages for at least a couple of decades now.

Anyone remember what happened to the West Ham and Fulham players after they elbowed Semedo in the face and butted Kilman? Didn’t they even get yellows?

Anyone remember what happened to the West Ham and Fulham players after they elbowed Semedo in the face and butted Kilman? Didn’t they even get yellows?
That's the problem, today's decision was correct but these clearly weren't

It is what it is. We all contribute to it and until wage controls come in then some will complain about it till they're blue in the face.

I have no problem with it tbh.
Sorry, but I will disagree with you on that one. I don't accept the massive difference with kids arriving at school in a very wealthy country and eating erasers when someone is a crap PL footballer wanting 100 grand a week. Still, I will now STF up on that now as it's the match thread! ;-)

Sorry, but I will disagree with you on that one. I don't accept the massive difference with kids arriving at school in a very wealthy country and eating erasers when someone is a crap PL footballer wanting 100 grand a week. Still, I will now STF up on that now as it's the match thread! ;-)
It's not an opportunity cost though, it's not the PL footballers wages which is making kids hungry....

Feel free to disagree but I don't think your argument holds water. As @AndyWolves says you can't blame the footballer for being paid what he is. That's on the clubs, TV, PL and the wider world, including you and I.

I don't begrudge anybody earning what they're worth. Lording it over people is unacceptable though and I don't see footballers doing that anymore.

Last edited:
See what happens when managers create a circus, the whole thread Klopp's off.

Back