• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (H) Sat 4th Dec Build Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Common sense is the only answer I have to the question. I don't think we have played like a team who's 6th best in the league, we've had a very decent run of fixtures and rode our luck. I can't just ignore what's blatantly obvious because of a league table position I don't really bother looking at until after Christmas.

League position can sometimes mask how a team is performing. The amount of people who’ve said to me ‘bloody hell wolves are flying aren’t they’ and I’m always like not really,haven’t been playing that well etc , forgetting we’re 6th.

That being said about the luck thing, idve said the last couple of years we’ve had our share of bad luck, so quite nice for a change.

I’m enjoying the giddy heights of sixth. Do I expect us to stay there? No, but il cross that bridge when/if it appears

Given how well Liverpool are playing at the moment this could get ugly.

You're in the minority of people who don't look at the league table. The league table position certainly means something (ask the managers who've been sacked so far this season), and as I've said previously, people would be less dismissive of it if we were 17th.

Of course we're likely to drop during this month, but it may not and hasn't happened yet. We can still enjoy where we are right at this moment, can't we?

I wouldn't but I do see your point. You can enjoy the moment if that's something you feel is important. It's not really for me, performances are a bigger indicator at this point than league position for me, though I admit there is results bias to this.

We played very well the first 3 and didn't get anything but I was encouraged as there were signs to be positive about, there still are now but there are also more concerns.

The biggest positive has been how solid we look defensively, the emergence of Kilman which gives us a really solid base and means we aren't an easy 3 points for many sides in the league.

All is not beyond hope - three games ago Brighton came from 2-0 down to get a draw at Anfield. What Brighton did was stick to their guns and continued to play out from the back which meant the ball didn't keep coming back at them like it does against so many teams Liverpool play against. We need to be brave and play our normal game, sitting too deep and inviting them onto us will only result in guaranteed rather than almost certain defeat.

That Jimenez goal against them is one of my absolute favourites, we played brilliantly that night and didn’t deserve to lose. Hoping we can recreate some of that at the weekend but they’re in amazing form at the moment.

Just noticed there's a prime seat amongst the journos for this game in W3 available.

£55 is a lot but I still would though if I wasn't already going out.

With 2 games this week had to decide which one as couldn't afford to do both - Burnley or Liverpool?

Wasn't a difficult decision and last night from all accounts was frustrating so am in for the Pool game - Adama for all his attributes needs to be able to pass when appropriate rather than just blasting it at the goal as his sucess rate is not good.

A loss - very probably unless they have a mass mediocre game (which can happen to any team so all is not lost). We don't score many, but haven't tended to concede that much either so you have to have hope.

A couple of beers before & after & meeting with others will still constitute a good day out

Just noticed there's a prime seat amongst the journos for this game in W3 available.

£55 is a lot but I still would though if I wasn't already going out.
Already made other plans otherwise I’d be there. Frustrating as I couldn’t get a ticket when they came out first. Prematurely booked the day off. A well. Golf and a few beers it is

Can’t see this one being close I’m afraid 0-3 or 0-4 I think.
Bruno has tough few weeks ahead of him and could easily be going into boxing on the back of 4 straight defeats and no win in 6.
Last 2 matches have been big missed opportunities.
Fact is the top 3 are million miles ahead of everyone else.

I'm with jd1981. I think a loss for sure, but maybe closer than 0-3 due to our defensive capabilities.
If we had goalscorers from every position like the top 3 we would be so much better off.

liverpool are simply awesome at creating overloads. 2 years or so ago we played them at home and we were brilliant and still lost 2-0.
I'm still looking forward to it though!

I agree we're unlikely to get points, but also we were talking up West Ham as near-unbeatable not so long ago.

This is the first real test for how Lage's Wolves face up to the elite teams, Nuno's gave a great account of themselves most of the time, so interested to see if that is still there...

Already made other plans otherwise I’d be there. Frustrating as I couldn’t get a ticket when they came out first. Prematurely booked the day off. A well. Golf and a few beers it is
Frustrating not living in the area or likewise would have taken that, but add on train and time, just isn't worth it. Instead I'm going to a mighty FA Cup game, two of us for half the price of one Wolves ticket and no transport costs to watch Wimbledon v Cheltenham

I think we will give a good account of ourselves with an electric atmosphere to spur the lads on. it is hard to see anything but a Liverpool win....however.....On their forum they are talking about the Milan game a lot, and rotation.... You never know, cos it's a funny old game ay it.

I think we will give a good account of ourselves with an electric atmosphere to spur the lads on. it is hard to see anything but a Liverpool win....however.....On their forum they are talking about the Milan game a lot, and rotation.... You never know, cos it's a funny old game ay it.
They’ll play origi and he’ll score a hatrick, or something daft

I agree we're unlikely to get points, but also we were talking up West Ham as near-unbeatable not so long ago.

This is the first real test for how Lage's Wolves face up to the elite teams, Nuno's gave a great account of themselves most of the time, so interested to see if that is still there...
2-1 wolves. Nailed on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back