• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Luton (H) 27/4 - Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see a 1-2 loss in the opening post in the thread? Did Paul Stewart come on a sub for us in that one?
Was 92/93 and past my cut off point

Stewart came on and "scored" in 94/95 (it was an OG, it was 2 OGs by the same fella)

I think Doc played CH against Blackpool in the League Cup? I didn't go but I remember Gaz going on about it. Scored two as well. Could be a bit like when Ruud Gullit turned himself into a classy libero around 1995.
I swear I remember a Hibs fan back in 2012 coming on here and telling us how he was mostly playing at CH for the half season he was on loan there, though Wikipedia disagrees and says he was mostly at RB.

I swear I remember a Hibs fan back in 2012 coming on here and telling us how he was mostly playing at CH for the half season he was on loan there, though Wikipedia disagrees and says he was mostly at RB.
I would love to be the OG Doherty hater but it's @Lycan . If I had my old phone from then I could show you a text (old skool) off him incredulous that Andrew Driver was ripping him apart in a Scottish Cup game.

I would love to be the OG Doherty hater but it's @Lycan . If I had my old phone from then I could show you a text (old skool) off him incredulous that Andrew Driver was ripping him apart in a Scottish Cup game.
Not only Driver but Suso Santana as well.

He played RB at Hibs. Got battered 5-1 in the cup final against Hearts in what's probably their worst ever result (Hearts fans still sing about it today) and then did an interview with a teenage Hibs vlogger afterwards basically saying that he didn't care and couldn't wait to leave.

Given Lemina was basically playing at centre half in the old style Neves role at times last night, I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest to see us go with a back three of Kilman-Lemina-Toti.

He can bring Boubacar back in from the start then & play him alongside Gomes & Doyle.

It’s not what I’d do, but I’d also be prepared for it.

Not only Driver but Suso Santana as well.

He played RB at Hibs. Got battered 5-1 in the cup final against Hearts in what's probably their worst ever result (Hearts fans still sing about it today) and then did an interview with a teenage Hibs vlogger afterwards basically saying that he didn't care and couldn't wait to leave.
I remember this clear as day, somehow (or, I feel like I remember it clearly). He was practically still a kid but IIRC when asked about staying at Hibs his facial expression said "stay in this shithole? For real?"

Given Lemina was basically playing at centre half in the old style Neves role at times last night, I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest to see us go with a back three of Kilman-Lemina-Toti.

He can bring Boubacar back in from the start then & play him alongside Gomes & Doyle.

It’s not what I’d do, but I’d also be prepared for it.
I suspect he will do this as well.

Is that Birch at 7? He looks terrible, remember him as better than that
I watched Paul Birch for years before realising he was Alan Birch's brother. Never saw anything that remotely made me think they were related [other than the name, playing in a similar position (ish)]

Santi Bueno out 1-2 wks hammy
Toti Gomes slight hammy issue, hopefully ok
Cunha fine to go
Hwang fine to go
No Bellegarde/Neto - getting closer

LUTON | Issa Kabore's season is over after suffering an ankle injury.

Rob Edwards doesn't expect Adebayo or Ogbene to return for Wolves...Andersen, Bell, Brown, Lockyer, Nakamba and Potts remain out.

Like, they put salt in the tapwater or it's just salty?

(What I'm sat here wondering)

Following Wednesday night’s debacle and O’Neills comments since, win lose or draw I’m expecting nothing less than a convincing performance.

Following Wednesday night’s debacle and O’Neills comments since, win lose or draw I’m expecting nothing less than a convincing performance.
Yeah, he's criticised the players for switching off in specific moments before but this is the first time he's slated an entire performance so you'd hope to see a bit of a reaction now.

GMLCLeFW0AA2nlI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back