• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City 4-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Meh
Poor selection and a poor performance from many. Never laid a glove on them til the equaliser and to have taken anything would have been a robbery. Deserved the thumping we got.

Coady and Rui get credit.
No one else does

Outclassed but made them sweat for 20 minutes. Disappointing that we played a major part in our own downfall with Traore and Otasowie gifting them possession in dangerous areas. OO might learn, Traore is unlikely to. Move on to the Villa game.

I’d have been pretty happy with 2-1, shame they got two in the last few minutes.

city were bloody good, we’re nowhere near them to be fair. We pressed them really well for about 20 minutes in the second half though and it looked much better.

I thought Coady was good tonight, and Rui was our MOTM. Semedo and Traore had their moments.

Neto had a poor game, as did Saiss and Hoever (who you would hope has learnt a lot from that),

Donk absolutely stunk the place out tonight. Playing people onside, really poor defensive headers, was behind sterling for the own goal because he didn’t anticipate the run and should have at least turned round to try and block the shot on the second, like the other defenders who had run back managed to do. Awful.

now that games out of the way, hopefully we can get up for villa and get three points.

Mahrez was excellent. Jesus scored as always against Wolves. Result never in doubt, the gulf in class was absolutely immense.

Very poor apart from a 10 minute spell. City are a quality side but we just couldn't get out for most of the game. You simply have to offer your own threat on the break otherwise the defence don't get a breather.

I wish we would set up to attack more and try to win the ball back quicker, I mean we lost 4-1 anyway and we aren't going down and we aren't finishing in the European spots so it would be nice to have a go at attacking every now and again.

For the 10 minutes we did do it we caused them problems but we just reverted to the first half performance after that. A lot of that's down to city too of course but nobody turns attack into defence like some of our players.

I thought we were a bit overly passive, especially in the first half, allowed two metres of space to the player on the ball for city(pretty close to the pen area in the final third)..easy to domintae a game that much then

Would I prefer to have a damn good go at them and lose 4 1 or play like this and lose 4 1 I will take the former , every time thanks

I don't mind losing but we have to compete for 90 minutes.
First half hour off against Newcastle, first half off tonight.

Where the fuck to start.

Patricio - Superb
Hoever - Disgraceful
Dendonker - Shit
Coady - average, good goal
Saiss - disgraceful your passing is way below Premier League standard the one for their 4th goal was embarrassing.
Jonny - did ok, right to sub him.
Neves - got on the ball more second half and did ok.
Moutinho- ok was one of our better players
Traore - what the fuck are you doing, when there is space you stop and pass back 4 players round you and fuck around and lose it.
Neto - awful, shit and anyother word meaning the same thing
Semedo - did ok

Subs
Silva battled hard not much change from Citys defence
Otasowie - what the fuck are you trying to do dribbling in your own box with 4 of there players around you. You showed you should be nonwhere near the team.

Played the same as last season, except then we had Boly and Raul. Not much else to say really.
How we set up was how we always do v City. So no shock with how it was going.

11 games to go then we can all fuck this season off and pretend it never happened. Players and staff can spend more than 10 minutes away from the club and reset and come back to us all shouting shite from the stands instead of the Internet.

Some poor individual performances but until their second, they hadn’t actually created many good chances weirdly.

we had a brief period after we scored where we looked like we might starting causing some problems too, but then last 15 was very leggy (hoever shouldn’t have stayed on at that point).

you can’t really compete when they are on playing like that, he rotated the team against West Ham ahead of this game with sterling, cancelo fresh. Crazy depth too.

need Boly back that is for sure. Dendoncker is so badly out of form, needs a breather out the t he’s been that poor.
Hoever should not have started - gave the ball away every time we rarely broke forward in the first half.

Neto was poor tonight whereas at times Traore made the best of a bad situation. We looked much better with 3 up though.
Didn’t even notice Fabio, we’d have been better bringing on RAN.

Back