• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City 4-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Apart from 10 enjoyable minutes that was another worrying performance. Attitude, mentality and confidence all wrong. Yes City are a cut above and have won 21 on the spin, but if people are honest, we have significant issues relative to our individual ability which have gone on for months

The second goal was like playing the greatest hits. We have Traore giving the ball away just outside the box, we have a defender not tracking a run and we have a defender too deep whilst the rest are holding a higher line. Only needed an unchallenged header and we could have shouted bingo

Last edited:
21 wins in a row, not bad going is it?

City are obviously fantastic but it fucking grates hearing Drury and Beglin purring about what a fine-tuned machine they are. You'd hope so spending 150m on Dias and Cancelo alone. Mahrez was 75, Rodri and Laporte another 70 each. They're amazing but it's kind of...so what?

Mahrez had Jonny on toast. And I don't think I've ever seen any player have Jonny on toast

Dendoncker is rancid this season.

We need to be replacing him, as well as a few more upgrades/replacements.

CB, CM and AMC for me. More cover for the wings too.

I haven’t been able to to watch us since I moved, but just looking at the scoreline I’m not terribly surprised.

City are a team possessed at the moment. If both sides played to full potential, we still probably lose by multiple goals.

Sounds like we gifted them at least two today which obviously is an issue (this one I think has to be on the players), but ultimately, is this result a surprise? Not to me. City will make better teams than us look like pub sides given the chance.

Find the lessons, learn from them, improve for next time. Coming off a game against an opponent like this season’s City, that’s really all you can do.

I assume you've never read Prawnking, every post is a snipey comment
antique-french-style-oval-gold-ornate-wall-mirror-p45412-43345_zoom.jpg

Never going to subscribe to the don't give a shit about this game, we can't compete with City etc... It's competitive professional football, no matter how good a side are they aren't unbeatable and there is a way you can win. You can't expect it but you can hope they give it their best shot and in that first half and the last 10 we definitely didn't. That doesn't mean i'm that pissed off about this game specifically as i know how good City are and they're more than likely going to beat you anyway but my issue is still on the whole and that includes this game.

I thought after the second half against Southampton we were on to something but it's not really lasted but i can also see that the whole squad including the staff don't look that confident right now. Trouble is there's no better time to start building for next season than now but i'm not sure we are and i find that a bit disappointing. I just hope that we find the confidence from somewhere to be brave and positive in our remaining games and give us something good to watch as without a doubt we have been a very hard watch this season.

I can't remember who said it, may have been YoungWolf, but what we miss is that Jota-esque player who can mix up our attack and formation a bit. We need one of those players again as Neto, Traore and Podence ain't it.

So you want five new players then ??

It was like men and boys but Patricio kept us in it with some magnificent saves. When you look at the game closely, all city's goals came from mistakes. Jonny was caught out with Rodri's ball to Mahrez for the first goal, Traore lost the ball trying to dribble away 30 yards from goal, it was whipped out to Mahrez who put Walker in and Jesus got the rebound. Otawasi tried to copy Traore in his own penalty area and Mahrez scores. Wolves defended well for the most part but silly schoolboy errors cost them the game. Without Patricio it could have been 8-1. Ah well, on to Villa. We need a win there!

Felt the same as the 3-0 two seasons back, Not unexpected, but still disappointing, as it highlights how far we haven't come. It's a shame Rui didn't save that performance for a match we stand a chance of winning.

Didn’t even notice Fabio, we’d have been better bringing on RAN.
Thought Fabio did a very selfless job when he came on, tried to do his bit to keep the City centre halves in check when they had possession and allowed the wide players to push onto the fullbacks rather than get caught between two players. Spent a lot of his time dropping in onto Rodri or de Bruyne if he'd come deep too as City played it forward allowing Neves and Moutinho to stay in more restrained positions.

Didn't really do much in an attacking sense though, covered off easily by Walker a couple of times, recycled one corner and helped set Traore away for one of his shots but he didn't do anything wrong for me.

Thankfully we don’t have to face city again this season, outclassed all over the pitch.
I don’t think we’ll pick up another point before April I’m afraid.
We’re just aren’t very good unfortunately.

We didn’t learn anything new though so I don’t understand people being so upset. We need a CB and a CM, and another wide option with some speed.
Because it’s English Football and every loss is the end of the club as we know it.

One thing I can never say about those of you who grew up as full-blooded Wolves’ supporters; you certainly never lack for emotional investment.

Except Mark, of course. 😉

Back