• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City (A) 22/1: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hwang and Adama on the wings 😂

Sorry, will probably be okay...

Wanted a front three of Sarabia, Cunha + Podence - got Hwang, Raul + Adama…

Big game for some of the lads starting, as, with the players we’ve signed, this could be their last chance to impress.

Like the look of our midfield three, though.

Don’t like the front three. Guess Adama is there for us to play on the break. Midfield is right I’d say

Wanted a front three of Sarabia, Cunha + Podence - got Hwang, Raul + Adama…

Big game for some of the lads starting, as, with the players we’ve signed, this could be their last chance to impress.

Like the look of our midfield three, though.
Last chance to impress? We've got half a season left! Is Julen going to pick the same XI every game and make 0 subs between now and the end of the season?

Adama doesn’t even beat anybody anymore though and I can’t see City being in a position to have to throw the kitchen sink at us in the last ten minutes. Waste of a shirt in this one (as per most games) but the result will probably be largely unaffected.

He’s gone for the legs in midfield and pace upfront. Nothing wrong with that.

Adama is useless against deeper teams but you only have to look at the Liverpool away game to see his use when teams leave space.

Probably preferred the work rate of Hwang for this one and the chance that Adama may return to the scene of his most glorious glory and repeat the feat.

Reactions: b3h
I assume it'll be Adama right and Hwang left? They're playing that young kid Rico Lewis at right back so could be the other way round?

It seems clear that atm Julen Lopetegui likes to 'finish with his stronger attacking players.
Question is can we hold out till they arrive second half, gunna be like the Alamo.

Reactions: jlo
I assume it'll be Adama right and Hwang left? They're playing that young kid Rico Lewis at right back so could be the other way round?
Lewis looks superb, they're generally weaker down the left where Cancelo has been out of form or they've shoved a centre half (looks like Laporte today).

Lewis looks superb, they're generally weaker down the left where Cancelo has been out of form or they've shoved a centre half (looks like Laporte today).

I like lewis. Hate the way pep uses him though, they'll leave massive gaps for whoever plays on the left wing as Lewis comes and plays centre mid for no reason at all

Last chance to impress? We've got half a season left! Is Julen going to pick the same XI every game and make 0 subs between now and the end of the season?
Weird reply. Thought it was fairly obvious that I meant the likes of Kilman, Hwang, Adama may struggle to get in our best 11 moving forwards so they should all, in theory, want to put a top performance in.

Did bully say that wolves only trained three times a week under Lage?

Can believe that tbh, the way they were all huffing and puffing like old knackered steam engines during Julen first few training sessions, suggests they weren’t at peak fitness

Figured Sarabia wouldn’t start but surprised a bit at Adama > Cunha.

Guess J-Lo is more of a “blood them slowly” guy.

Earle, Mustoe, Howard, and Cahill (the shitty English one) all think we’re in for a thrashing.

Ruben doing the weird 10ish role and this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back