• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City Away: Build Up Thread

Nuno's selection this season have not received universal approval, but reckon he got it right today

Having said that the City front line didn't sound as if it was firing properly which helped.

we didn't let them fire that much, except from range, and from the reports i read Adama was pretty much in amongst it in defence too. Nuno has worked a miracle, now he will have to slow the bugger down or he'll be shooting from our penalty area.

Nuno's selection this season have not received universal approval, but reckon he got it right today

Having said that the City front line didn't sound as if it was firing properly which helped.

That was because theyy were closed down and pressured. They started a little lazy but it was us who stopped them playing

Rui only had regulation saves to make & 1 Aguero hit very late on past the left hand post - this was not a smash & grab win against the odds.

This was an organised planned way of approaching the game & all our team played their part perfectly.

That was because theyy were closed down and pressured. They started a little lazy but it was us who stopped them playing

Given that they would have known that we only returned from Turkey on Friday expected them to come out & start the game like a train. However they seem slow & subdued which allowed us to set the defensive shield up.

Sky saying it was basically off day for city and fail to mention we had 4 good chances first half. Typical.

Sky saying it was basically off day for city and fail to mention we had 4 good chances first half. Typical.

You do know that City only lose if they are not playing well - it's never to do with the other teams performance.

That really wouldn't be realistic!

They said in the studio on SSN that we should have been well clear even at half time.

I am ecstatic. Utterly buzzing. What a result.

The perfect away performance. Hats off to Nuno once again - the man is a genius. Imperious display at the back from Willy Boly, too.

What a time to be alive.

Nuno...what a manager. How many times is it now we've had difficult times and he's steered us through it? Three clean sheets in a row before the break...perfect.

I must admit to having Benno Coady and Boly at the back rather than with Saiss. Midfield for him when we need a bit of bite.

Well I'm optimistic about it, they do have off days and are not unbeatable. Think I may stick 10 quid on us to win and put deposit on next years holiday with the winnings.
Hopefully.

We can do it we will click at some point the occasion may lift us....or.....

I hope you did sir!

No below par performances today, and proves we are learning from the Thursday/ Sunday program

Rui MOM for me, mainly routine saves but pulled off a peach from Sterling in the first half at a time we’re they were well on top

Should have bagged at least one from the four one on one chances in the first half.

Very proud of Traore, that’s how to score one on ones, his game has. One on leaps and bounds. He’s a very important player for us now

Back