• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City Away: Build Up Thread

Norman Deeley

Dean Saunders's Press Officer
Reaction score
Well, just heard on Talksport that de Bruyne is out so that's 3 points in the bag, as they've not much else...
One big change for me - I think Patrick deserves a start. In fact, I wouldn't even have Raul on the bench. If he's not playing for Mexico in the international break I'd tell him to bugger off on holiday for 10 days

He's not playing for Mexico, no. They're not calling him up.

Could they also leave out Sterling, Bernardo and Aguero?

No way we aren't at least having Raul on the bench, even if Nuno didn't plan on playing him.

He'll start any way.

It'll be interesting to see if it's Doc or Traore at RB. Gotta be Doc surely.

I think it'll be last Saturday's team. Maybe Neves for Joao but that's about it.

We are going get something from this.

Its 13 league games since Palace won at City.

As stupid as it sounds, KDB not playing can make them toothless. Their back four is pretty woeful in comparison to the rest of the team. Be nice and solid at the back and make them play in front of us. With Traore as an out ball we could cause them some trouble. I wouldn’t say it a write off

It is easily the toughest game on our calendar, even more challenging than Anfield. BUT we can get something. We deserved our point at home last season, and the Etihad game was ruined by the early Boly red card. Most of the time we will lose against City, of course we will, but I don’t think this is an automatic thraping, and if we stay in the game maybe we can ask them some questions

My gaffer has put a fiver on us to win at 22-1.......he wins more often than not

City can’t afford to drop points at the moment, the way Liverpool are going they might have dropped too many already.

Even without de Bruyne and their defensive issues (Fernandinho playing a third game this week is a bonus) they are still so, so scary

My gaffer has put a fiver on us to win at 22-1.......he wins more often than not

Well, your gaffer's pretty dim because Wolves are 30/1 on Betfair. Are we 30/1 to score the first goal? Absolutely not. So stick your fiver on with Betfair and lay it off when Willy makes it two in two from a corner

I saw 26/1

Stupid odds for a team that is clearly not cannon fodder.

Well, your gaffer's pretty dim because Wolves are 30/1 on Betfair. Are we 30/1 to score the first goal? Absolutely not. So stick your fiver on with Betfair and lay it off when Willy makes it two in two from a corner

I know nothing about betting, bookies etc, never put a bet on in my life so it seemed decent odds to me, the second part of your post is just gobbledygook to me

I know nothing about betting, bookies etc, never put a bet on in my life so it seemed decent odds to me, the second part of your post is just gobbledygook to me

Ah, sorry. Your boss could have got better odds elsewhere. And, as Paddy says, the bookies appear to have underrated Wolves a touch.

They've lost three home league games since Fosun took over Wolves :icon_lol:

I wouldn't touch us at anything less than 50s and even then I don't like throwing money away.

I expect Man United to be at least 26/1 when they visit the Etihad then.

Back