• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City Away: Build Up Thread

I'm not sure the above is arguing, more a discussion.

I would hope we play exactly as we did against city last season, and if we get a draw - great. If we lose then it's not the end of the world, they are a much better team

Well let's go for 4 3 either way then! Stranger things and all that. Some one on their team could get sent off, even it up ? The thing is some time it will happen. Spurs shipped 7 at home. Liverpool nearly blew a three goal lead at home, Chelsea shipped four at man utd. It can happen. One day it will be us as the team that produces the freak shock. Why not this week?

Why are people bringing up last season, whilst blissfully ignoring how we’ve set up and performed this season? :icon_lol:

This place is weird.

I trust Nuno to have a suitable game plan in place, but I suspect I already know how things will pan out. Hopefully it’s enough for us to frustrate them and maybe pinch something. We’re still a good side with some very talented individuals.

There hasn't been a great difference between this season and last season, you just seem to think we are the worst team ever all of a sudden.

It's small margins, the style is the same. We habitually concede possession in nothing areas. We always try to play on the counter if possible.

There hasn't been a great difference between this season and last season, you just seem to think we are the worst team ever all of a sudden.

It's small margins, the style is the same. We habitually concede possession in nothing areas. We always try to play on the counter if possible.

The style hasn't been quite the same though, has it? A couple of weeks ago Neves was dropping so deep that we were discussing the new tactic of 4 at the back, 3 on the right, 3 on the left and let's just abandon the middle of the park

Well I'm optimistic about it, they do have off days and are not unbeatable. Think I may stick 10 quid on us to win and put deposit on next years holiday with the winnings.
Hopefully.

We can do it we will click at some point the occasion may lift us....or.....

No but you need a decent wedge to bankroll it. Unless you want to spend ages and use up all your new customer offers building it up.

I've got time and a few grand spare so it works for me. Of course if one doesn't have those then yes, not necessarily worth it. A modest £320 up since I started it on the 2nd weekend of the season. Would have been more but I've made some mistakes.

About the game - I actually can't say anything that hasn't been said. It's a fingers crossed match for me

We have only lost one of our last 4 games v city 0 0 in the league and Asia cups, 1 1 in the league and a defeat with ten men. Its worth a fiver.

Well, before you lay a bet on, Cyberman, make sure you know whom you're dealing with...

https://gonbys.com/manchester-city-1953/

I'm ever the optimist. We'll be playing a similar gameplan as we did in Turkey, and it might work. Those blaming Besiktas for our excellent defensive display on Thursday probably won't agree.

No one was blaming or criticising our defensive performance against Besiktas. Literally the opposite.

No, just relentless negativity after we won away in Europe.

It's actually driving people away from this forum (along with a couple of other things).

There wasn't relentless negativity at all. Just justified criticism of one aspect of our play.

No, just relentless negativity after we won away in Europe..

On here?

I thought it was quite balanced. Even the boss said it wasn't great but we got the win. I thought that was the general mood on here post game.

No, just relentless negativity after we won away in Europe.

It's actually driving people away from this forum (along with a couple of other things).

Nope Dan. You haven't called this right. There are a very few posters of doom but they are balanced by many who call them out. You are seeing more than is posted bud.

Well, before you lay a bet on, Cyberman, make sure you know whom you're dealing with...

https://gonbys.com/manchester-city-1953/

I'm ever the optimist. We'll be playing a similar gameplan as we did in Turkey, and it might work. Those blaming Besiktas for our excellent defensive display on Thursday probably won't agree.

Its 13 and I am myopic. If I lose a few quid OK. If I win well its cybertosis forever lol!

On here?

I thought it was quite balanced. Even the boss said it wasn't great but we got the win. I thought that was the general mood on here post game.
Nah, the tone was really negative imo. I came on here post game expecting to see posts along the lines of
"what an a win! I can't believe we've just won away in Europe and only conceded 1 shot on target! We were a bit sloppy in possession and Nuno correctly identified that neto and MGW weren't playing well. We need to improve but this is a great base to build from"

Instead I felt like I reading posts after we'd just lost away at Burton!

Poor old Burton have taken a battering on this thread....

Back