• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City Away: Build Up Thread

This City defence can be got at, but to do so you've got to commit players forward and pray they have an off day at the other end. I don't expect Nuno to though

My gaffer has put a fiver on us to win at 22-1.......he wins more often than not

On the betting front there are a number of places with much better odds than 22. I'm a matched bettor so I'm on a lot of bookies and exchanges. Tell your boss to shop around if he likes a bet, might get you in his good books! Also there are all a lot of bonus offers around (deposit x get y in free bets) for new customers.

As stupid as it sounds, KDB not playing can make them toothless. Their back four is pretty woeful in comparison to the rest of the team. Be nice and solid at the back and make them play in front of us. With Traore as an out ball we could cause them some trouble. I wouldn’t say it a write off
I'm sure they'll manage with B. Silva, D. Silva and Mahrez who's in top form at the minute.

NB: TWF doesn't endorse betting.

Particularly when you see how shit Kenny and I are at it.

No but you need a decent wedge to bankroll it. Unless you want to spend ages and use up all your new customer offers building it up.

On the betting front there are a number of places with much better odds than 22. I'm a matched bettor so I'm on a lot of bookies and exchanges. Tell your boss to shop around if he likes a bet, might get you in his good books! Also there are all a lot of bonus offers around (deposit x get y in free bets) for new customers.

Thanks for the advice but I probably won't bother, don't really care whether he gets 22-1 or 50-1 and I don't think he does either...just a bit of fun innit? I just thought the odds were mad for a two horse race despite the gulf in class

I would be delighted to get out of dodge with less than a 3-0 reverse

Tough game against excellent opposition. As pointed out, at least KDB is out and their defence is far from watertight. Wouldn't completely rule out us snatching a 1-1 draw, on our day we are good enough to stifle anyone, but we need to keep the ball a lot better than on thursday for it to happen. You just can't defend for 90 mins at city without conceding, we need to offer some kind of threat and preferably keep the ball for a few spells as well.

Could be anything for 6-0 to a hard fought draw this one.

We all know what will happen. We’ll go there to try and keep it 0-0 for as long as possible. We’ll give it to Traore where possible and rely on him to get us up the pitch for a bit. Rest of the time we’ll smack it long to either Raul/Cutrone.

The problem is, unless we’re extremely lucky, City are too good to not score at least one of their chances - so then we’re chasing the game or playing for damage limitation.

I’m not suggesting Nuno sets us up offensively against City as we’ll get torn apart. But we can probably all predict how the game will pan out already.

Yes, we really sat back and got battered against the top teams last season.

Haven't really managed to replicate last seasons performances all that closely so far though have they?

Dunno, seems very similar to the start of last season I would say so far.

So it's not too dissimilar to the weakest part of last season?

We didn't draw with them at their place though. We got turned over 3-0 easily. Partly due to having a man sent off early, but that wouldn't have changed the defensive side of things a lot, just how often the ball came back at us.

And we aren't playing or defending as nearly as well, or with as settled a team as last season either.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't be laying us at odds of 22-1, stranger things have happened. But I wouldn't be backing us either.

Honestly don’t get this place at the moment every arguing with each other but changing history to suit their agenda. Exactly the same from both sides.

Should we sit back against city? Yes
Will we sit back against city? Yes
Did we sit back against city last season home and away? Yes
Did us sitting back parking the bus help get the draw? Yes

Let’s not rewrite history though. We parked the bus, scored a handball goal from a set piece, and had a reasonable threat on the counter which kept them honest.

We will do the same again, same as we do most games. The issue this season has been we have minimal threat on the counter, allowing teams to have more ball near our goal and we’ve given away a shit goal. Then we have not had the ability to force the game when we have fell behind. Hopefully the last few games that is starting to change.

Back