• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City (H) 21/9 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you well know, I'm not fine with us not replacing Doc :icon_lol: (Spurs fans already hate him, incidentally...)

It wasn't him being out of position at RWB against Sheff Utd (I know full well he's never going to be great there), it was just weird stuff like running the ball straight of play, passing to no-one, barrelling straight into opposition players. Last night he played where he normally plays for most of the game and he was rubbish.

it was just weird stuff like running the ball straight of play, passing to no-one, barrelling straight into opposition players.

That's the chaos right there! :icon_lol:

I still think he's only real short-term option I can see. I know Burr is steadier, but I don't think he's defensively that much better to sacrifice the element of attacking unpredictability Adama brings.

Plus, he definitely has one over City, they won't be comfortable facing him again

You can't have it all ways mate, you were fine with Doc going, fine with us not having a backup in the squad, fine with us still not having a replacement after weeks... Well this is what you get!

No one has ever said this! This isn't the first time you've gone out of your way to mischaracterise what people are saying in order to make a point. If you have to do this, it only goes to undermine your argument.

We all want a Doc upgrade/replacement. Obviously.

Deutsch has hated Adama since before we signed him - when he’s not good, he’s considered abysmal.

Personally I think we know what we get with Adama at rwb- it’s not his natural position and he’s not a defender, but he is (obviously) quick and can tackle so he can do some elements of the job, he just won’t track runners, or take good defensive positions. On the other hand though, he could be an excellent attacking wing back and get us up the pitch - which is probably what Nuno was aiming for by having Neto and podence both on the left against sheff Utd, leaving space for Adama to attack.

We definately need to buy an actual rwb, but I can’t see the point of bitching about Adama playing there and not being a great defender. It’s like asking Buur to contribute offensively, it’s just not a natural part of his game.

Oh, I know exactly what he is as a RWB. I don't expect anything.

I do expect him to be able to do the very basics of being a footballer, which he hasn't done so far this season. There isn't any excuse for him playing like a parks player.

Laporte and Aguero look likely to miss out.

No one has ever said this! This isn't the first time you've gone out of your way to mischaracterise what people are saying in order to make a point. If you have to do this, it only goes to undermine your argument.

We all want a Doc upgrade/replacement. Obviously.

Actually you're mischaracterising me here. I wasn't necessarily criticising all those positions individually, just that it's a bit rich to be unconcerned about all these factors while they're happening, but then suddenly be concerned at the outcome.

I didn't say DW or anyone else doesn't want Doc replaced, just that not having a 'Vinagre on the right' equivalent in the squad, or waiting weeks for a replacement (still waiting) are going to mean we have things like Adama at RWB every week.

I'm not overly critical about either of those factors myself btw, which is why I'm accepting of Adama as a short term measure there

Oh, I know exactly what he is as a RWB. I don't expect anything.

I do expect him to be able to do the very basics of being a footballer, which he hasn't done so far this season. There isn't any excuse for him playing like a parks player.

It’s a bit early to be bringing parks player out after two games without a pre season isn’t it? I understand most of the team yesterday was poor, are they all parks players?

I know he's a lot better than that, I don't expect him to be bollocking crosses down the Stafford Road and passing the ball straight into touch. He isn't Jérémy Hélan.

I remember Best, Marsh, Bowles, Worthington, etc as players who could be absolutely crap for 89 minutes but then produce that one moment of magic that wins the game. Adama is like that (obviously not as good as George Best). He is unique and totally frightens the opposition. He can hit a cross miles out of play, or he can be the match winner. I would rather him playing for my team than against it.

He is not a RWB. It is not his fault that he is constantly asked to play in a position he is not suited to.

Jota can be off his game for months, and doesn't get half the criticism that Adama gets.

If we don’t lose I will be very happy. If we win o will be off my face.

I fear however that I will be moaning . 0 3

When Pep Guardiola was a little boy growing up in Santpedor, they warned darkly of such things. There would come, they said, an opponent too terrible to contemplate. It would be huge, yet quick. It would have prodigious strength, yet the most delicate feet. It would devastate its enemies with its power, yet practise also the most sublime skill. It would be a chimera, crafted both by La Masia and by Tony Pulis. Its mighty arms would drip with oil so no man could hold it. It would know Guardiola’s weakness and exploit it ruthlessly. On the nights when sleep comes hardest, Guardiola’s dreams are, you imagine, haunted yet by Adama Traoré.
Well that was weird.

Well, the Bank of Fernando Marcal has just opened for business. 3/1 with Bet365 to be shown a card

I’d feel a lot more confident if we had the RWB situation sorted out in time. On our day we’re more than capable of beating these, but that’s a huge Achilles heel to have against such a good team. If we had Semedo in situ and Adama in the front three, I’d really fancy us for this.

I’d feel a lot more confident if we had the RWB situation sorted out in time. On our day we’re more than capable of beating these, but that’s a huge Achilles heel to have against such a good team. If we had Semedo in situ and Adama in the front three, I’d really fancy us for this.
As mentioned previously, playing Adama at RWB didn't hurt against them last season.

Well that was weird.
Quick, hide that article before Alan wakes up and turns this thread into a discussion about the racial undertones of referring to Adama as a boogeyman.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back