• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City (H) 30/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he (Fabio) was doing it in a sort of respect way. He probably thought 'if i show him a bit of respect and give him a handshake/high five now, i'm less likely to be booted up in the air by him in 5 minutes time'.

I agree, it's not a great look to us fans who want blood and thunder challenges all over the pitch, but I imagine it was nothing more than the above.
They might be his teammates one day in the not-too-distant future. He's no good here. £35million! Oops.

I think he (Fabio) was doing it in a sort of respect way. He probably thought 'if i show him a bit of respect and give him a handshake/high five now, i'm less likely to be booted up in the air by him in 5 minutes time'.

I agree, it's not a great look to us fans who want blood and thunder challenges all over the pitch, but I imagine it was nothing more than the above.
Trouble is, I only became aware of him doing it with about 5 minutes left to play!

Nunes will get the reception he deserves, the less than subtle deflection tactics coming out of the club this morning aren't particularly classy. However the question was framed a none committal 'we expect our wonderful fans to get behind us as they always do' standard answer would be easy to trot out

Well yeah, booing our own manager during a game would be shit. I didn't extend that to Lage who was far worse for far longer so I certainly wouldn't be sending it O'Neil's way.

And Nunes is a prick.

Look over there. Boo him. Not me. Please.

Fuck off Gary
Lets be fair he was asked a question and answered it pretty simply he hasn't just sat there and gone "btw, that Nunes...what a twat. I fully expect the crowd to give ALL their attention to him tomorrow"

As I said earlier the answer is text book. He answered in the way he did either deliberately or because he's simple. Whichever doesn't show him in a good light

Is it?

From O'Neil's perspective - he didn't even know Nunes for a month. In that time he got himself sent off through being a moron and then refused to train as a transfer window was closing. I mean, in his position, if you were asked about someone like that then you're not going to be complimentary are you? He doesn't need to be either.

I think we're wasting our time with O'Neil but no need for it to descend to the level of he could read the phone book out and he gets a round of fucks for how he does it. People were criticising him for sitting down on Tuesday night FFS. What's the matter you twat, got legs haven't you.

Fair play to him he has got to the point where if you were stood next to him and it was 40d and he said "christ its bastard hot today" you would pop a jumper on tell him to shut the fuck up, its chilly.

Sometimes things are just standard answers - He says no comment and then its "fucking coward, not able to say what he thinks"

“Mattheus is a Manchester City player. I’m not here to comment on Pep’s players”

Kills it stone dead

It's not wrong what he's said, is it.

I can't remember what Dave Jones said before we played Middlesbrough in 2004 but if someone had asked about Danny Mills and he'd replied "I think he's probably in for a hostile reception" then a) he wouldn't have been wrong and b) why would that have bothered anyone?

It’s just a dumb thing to say. He just motivated Nunes a tiny bit more. That could have been avoided.

I know it’s no certainty Nunes even plays but even so, just be utterly neutral

On top of that where are our media team? It’s the most obvious question he was going to have to face. Where is the briefed answer?

Like Matheus Nunes gives a single fuck what any of us think.

He might want to shove one on his very briefly ex manager now though

Same thing, really.

He plays for Pep now, O'Neil is a buzzing mosquito in his ear at worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back