• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd 0-1 Wolves: Verdict and Vic burnt his backside thread.

Brilliant. We played better in the first half I thought (which is why I think the front three seemed like they were playing as well but they had a little less support). Understandable really given the probably physical shape of our team, and the fact they changed their shape to stop us.

United played like they always do, thinking they can get away with lack of control because they have better players. But they didn't in midfield and I think that's the main reason we won tbh. Neves and Moutinho were brilliant, particularly Joao.

Semedo outstanding as usual. I get it, we paid a lot for him - but he's a top class footballer. If he was better 1v1 in final third he'd still be at Barca. back three immense again and Sa made the save as he so regularly does at the moment when required.

Traore didn't actually *play* well when he came on but he was exactly what we needed tactically at that point even if it disrupted us for five. And well done Fabio.

Almost spot on tactically from Bruno too. Brilliant stuff. 28 points at this stage is brilliant. If we chose to push on and try and strengthen from here but even if not at least we given ourselves breathing room to experiment maybe.

We came, we saw, we conquered! Great performance. Well deserved victory. We've had a hard run of games and a Covid break but came out today playing football the right way. All the plaudits have to go to Bruno! Happy, happy Wanderer here! Oh Joao Moutinho, he loves a vino! I prefer beer and it's been drunk and more to follow!

Traore didn't actually *play* well when he came on but he was exactly what we needed tactically at that point even if it disrupted us for five. And well done Fabio.

Did exactly what he's best at though:

i) relive pressure by sprinting upfield and winning free kick
ii) beating man at touchline, whipping in a cross.

What a superb win. Fully deserved it. Moutinho MOTM and not just for the goal. Credit to Fabio too for an excellent cameo, back three superb as ever, Sa did his one bit of work when we needed him, probably Semedo's best game for the club, Podence very good too.

Raul and Trincao weren't very good, Fernandes should have buried his chance, we still need to be much more clinical but now's not the time to worry about any of that. Drink it in!

Wow 😳

very very good performance

Neves MOM

…..and I’m getting more of a cosy glow for Bruno. Honest and very tactical thinker.

According to Rangnick we were playing with five central midfielders in the first half. Right...

We were excellent, they were awful.

Raúl is now a major concern. Fabio’s cameo was strong but I’m not holding my breath that he can replicate that over 70 odd minutes.

Just nice to have a bit of positivity around the lad for a change, even if it proves to be misplaced

Great performance, deserved the points. 5 mins injury - Fergie time??
we look very well organised under Bruno, everyone knows the system and no complaints about the effort.
obviously we need to convert more of the chances we create - please hurry up Neto!

According to Rangnick we were playing with five central midfielders in the first half. Right...
Haha yes, what an odd thing to say. We have fewer than five central midfielders in our whole squad.

Thoroughly deserved win, better throughout created the better chances and controlled things in post parts.
We’ve had some great away wins but this one is up there with the best.

Brilliant. We played better in the first half I thought (which is why I think the front three seemed like they were playing as well but they had a little less support). Understandable really given the probably physical shape of our team, and the fact they changed their shape to stop us.

United played like they always do, thinking they can get away with lack of control because they have better players. But they didn't in midfield and I think that's the main reason we won tbh. Neves and Moutinho were brilliant, particularly Joao.

Semedo outstanding as usual. I get it, we paid a lot for him - but he's a top class footballer. If he was better 1v1 in final third he'd still be at Barca. back three immense again and Sa made the save as he so regularly does at the moment when required.

Almost spot on tactically from Bruno too. Brilliant stuff. 28 points at this stage is brilliant. If we chose to push on and try and strengthen from here but even if not at least we given ourselves breathing room to experiment maybe.

Traore doesn't play - we don't score.

Thoroughly efficient performance, defended solidly and also looked dangerous at times going forward. Still struggle to create clear cut chances, but a 0-1 win at United is not to be sniffed at.

Neves MOM, absolutely ran the midfield, Moutinho continues to defy his age, absolute rolls Royce of a player. Think it helps with the back 3 playing higher so there’s less room for midfield 2 to cover, credit to Bruno for that.

All very promising. The longer this goes on, the more sustainable it looks.

Promising cameo from Fabio. Rose tinted glasses on as I’m wishing the boy to succeed, but looked a lot stronger with his hold up play for sure.

Really proud of that performance. Loved the way we took the them on and bossed the game from the start. We looked like a proper top-half team and fully deserved the three points. Our defence and midfield are surely as good as any outside the top 4, and I wouldn't swap Sa for any other PL keeper. Makes you wonder whether we'd have done better against Liverpool or City by taking the same approach. (No, probably not.)

Back