• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd 0-1 Wolves: Verdict and Vic burnt his backside thread.

Brilliant. We played better in the first half I thought (which is why I think the front three seemed like they were playing as well but they had a little less support). Understandable really given the probably physical shape of our team, and the fact they changed their shape to stop us.

United played like they always do, thinking they can get away with lack of control because they have better players. But they didn't in midfield and I think that's the main reason we won tbh. Neves and Moutinho were brilliant, particularly Joao.

Semedo outstanding as usual. I get it, we paid a lot for him - but he's a top class footballer. If he was better 1v1 in final third he'd still be at Barca. back three immense again and Sa made the save as he so regularly does at the moment when required.

Traore didn't actually *play* well when he came on but he was exactly what we needed tactically at that point even if it disrupted us for five. And well done Fabio.

Almost spot on tactically from Bruno too. Brilliant stuff. 28 points at this stage is brilliant. If we chose to push on and try and strengthen from here but even if not at least we given ourselves breathing room to experiment maybe.
Traore made the vital cross actually & gave us a great outlet as well - but otherwise I agree with you.

Thoroughly efficient performance, defended solidly and also looked dangerous at times going forward. Still struggle to create clear cut chances, but a 0-1 win at United is not to be sniffed at.

Neves MOM, absolutely ran the midfield, Moutinho continues to defy his age, absolute rolls Royce of a player. Think it helps with the back 3 playing higher so there’s less room for midfield 2 to cover, credit to Bruno for that.

All very promising. The longer this goes on, the more sustainable it looks.

Promising cameo from Fabio. Rose tinted glasses on as I’m wishing the boy to succeed, but looked a lot stronger with his hold up play for sure.
Fabio will be total quality.

Traore made the vital cross actually & gave us a great outlet as well - but otherwise I agree with you.
Wasn’t meant as a criticism of him really. He gave us a key moment and being the outlet was what I meant tactically as it stopped them pinning us in. Just meant that the times he generally had the ball he had quite a few loose touches etc.

Wasn’t meant as a criticism of him really. He gave us a key moment and being the outlet was what I meant tactically as it stopped them pinning us in. Just meant that the times he generally had the ball he had quite a few loose touches etc.
Some of his loose touches result from the attention he attracts. This frees up space for others on occasions.

Superb, always emotionally important to me when Wolves win due to having been raised by Utd fans. Not a lot to add but as someone who has been dismayed at the deal/ability of Silva so far I did think he was decent today and worth the change, looked stronger, smarter, mentally quicker, all good to see. 10 minutes of good is better than anything else I have seen from him!

Fabio was great, and I think Fabio will do well for us. I just find it interesting that 10 minutes has changed a few minds 😉
Yep. He’s gone from throwing uncle Jorge a bung to quality in a space if 10 minutes. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a supporter and hope he becomes this ‘generational talent’..

Fabio was great, and I think Fabio will do well for us. I just find it interesting that 10 minutes has changed a few minds 😉
That's the thing though he wasn't on long enough to screw up either, don't get me wrong, every atom of me wants him to be a success and was impressed by the way he put himself about, just hope it's the start of proving us all wrong !!

Fabio had a good cameo but he deserves a small negative tick for giving away a naive free kick at the end with the high boot.

That's the thing though he wasn't on long enough to screw up either, don't get me wrong, every atom of me wants him to be a success and was impressed by the way he put himself about, just hope it's the start of proving us all wrong !!

He didn't put a foot wrong and had the ball multiple times under pressure.

Erm, what?

He's *at best* got high potential. He is not 'total quality'. Nobody would be happy if had to be our first choice forward for the rest of the season, as poor as Raul has been.
I thought I’d let someone else respond to that one. Thanks Del

Fabio had a good cameo but he deserves a small negative tick for giving away a naive free kick at the end with the high boot.
If he doesn't make that challenge and United score from recycling the ball then he's slated, he was screwed either way, dropped in a shit situation by a wank clearance that put it into a more dangerous area than it started.

If he doesn't make that challenge and United score from recycling the ball then he's slated, he was screwed either way, dropped in a shit situation by a wank clearance that put it into a more dangerous area than it started.
Agree with this, doing something is better than doing nothing.

I'm not even sure it was a free kick as Jones stooped to head it

Back