• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd 0-1 Wolves: Verdict and Vic burnt his backside thread.

Agree with this, doing something is better than doing nothing.

I'm not even sure it was a free kick as Jones stooped to head it
It’s a free kick. It’s one of those where he’s bollocked if he does nothing, but highly likely to commit a foul. Luckily didn’t come back too bite us

Outstanding performance. Have no doubt, we went there and dominated them. I said early on that they were quite narrow and we could exploit the width and so it proved with Coady, Neves and Sa in particular always having an out ball to the WB's and Marcal and Somedo both having good games. Marcal didn't really put a foot wrong but I think RAN naturally would have stretched them a bit more.

What a run from Kilman in the second half its incredible seeing his confidence and ability flourish. Back three were their consistent selves and Sa only really had the FK to save but when we needed him most he was there. He's been exceptional throughout December.

Moutinho is timeless, hes just an unbelievable footballer, its been an absolute privilege to see this man play for football and Neves was simply imperious. He's so overdue a thunderbastard, it's starting to feel like the end of his run with us for me, I just want to make the most out of every minute we have left with him before his ability outstrips our ability to match his potential.

Think Rangnick for the so called great tactical mind was fairly passive, we were on top v Chelsea (although not to the same degree as today) and Tuchel changed it at HT and Chelsea dominated the second half, Rangnick waited until 60-65 minutes and after that flurry they melted away again. They still have the same problems as they did in August, they're a team of individuals and wait for one of them to do something. They'd have loved to have played the intricate passing we did throughout the game.

Only negative is the conversation that needs to be had regarding Raul. Maybe not for tonight but Silva showed some promise when he came on, I'd be looking to give him some real minutes on Sunday. See if he offers anything which might be worth a further look versus Southampton and Brentford. That still leaves time to bin him off on loan at the end of tye window if he needs it.

What a night though, going there and winning backs against the wall is one thing but being the better side and ruing not scoring more is different gravy.

Love watching Podence - he has such a smart, instinctive football brain - exemplified by when he looked like he was meandering across the top of the box, then swivelled and shot quickly nearly catching De Gea out at the near post.

The main thing Rangnick did wrong was taking off Greenwood when he was their best player. He'd drive forwards with the ball from deep and we couldn't get it off him.

They went downhill immediately after that, the Fernandes shot aside.

My main encouragement about Fabio’s cameo is that this hopefully means Bruno will trust him more from the bench and he’ll get more minutes and chances to impress.
Agreed. He should have had more minutes so far this season. Particularly in the games where Raul was struggling to make any impact.

He was more effective than Raul in roughly 1/8 the time on the pitch - that is concerning when Raul is supposed to be the linchpin of the attack.
That's the thing though he wasn't on long enough to screw up either, don't get me wrong, every atom of me wants him to be a success and was impressed by the way he put himself about, just hope it's the start of proving us all wrong !!
I have always been a fan of Fabio - he will come good.

Love watching Podence - he has such a smart, instinctive football brain - exemplified by when he looked like he was meandering across the top of the box, then swivelled and shot quickly nearly catching De Gea out at the near post.
I think Podence and Kilman are perhaps the two most improved players under Bruuuno.

Podence always seemed to be class, but inconsistent and lightweight. Looks like everything has really started to click and with a bit of luck, the injuries are behind him now.

Erm, what?

He's *at best* got high potential. He is not 'total quality'. Nobody would be happy if had to be our first choice forward for the rest of the season, as poor as Raul has been.
With a run of games we might see his full potential on show. He cost so much for a good reason.

That's the thing though he wasn't on long enough to screw up either, don't get me wrong, every atom of me wants him to be a success and was impressed by the way he put himself about, just hope it's the start of proving us all wrong !!
Don’t include me in that - I have always said he would be good.

Magnificent! Great performance from the boys tonight, Bruno got his subs spot on, Moutinho scores at OT again, he doesn't score often but he scores well. What a save by Sa right at the end, I couldn't bare it but he was immense! Get the fuck in, what a performance, what a result!

Say what you like about Ronaldo but he certainly stepped up to the plate as captain and came out and took full responsibility in his post match interview

One of Fabio's biggest criticisms has been around strength and holding the ball up.

He showed tonight he can now do both
This is hilarious.

His biggest detraction was the fact he looked completely shit and slower than treacle.

He held the ball up once and won a few free kicks, let's not go overboard on the Fabio train.

Anybody would think he dribbled through the Utd defence, rounded the keeper and tapped the ball in with his bellend the way some of you are going on about him.

The rest of the team were magnificent. Neves, Moutinho, Kilman, Semedo, Sa need all the props not the golden child.

Back