• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd (A) 14/8 - Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like a centre half, a central midfielder (Joe Hodge is not an option, he'd look bad in League Two) and a forward of some description. Ideally I wouldn't have Doherty as our second choice RB but what can you do.

Much else beyond that and it's pointless bloat.
That's how I feel too, incomings for those 3 positions would put us a good position. If both RAN and Jonny leave, we're a but short at LB but I suppose Toti can step in there, also we all know Docs best position is LB😁

That's how I feel too, incomings for those 3 positions would put us a good position. If both RAN and Jonny leave, we're a but short at LB but I suppose Toti can step in there, also we all know Docs best position is LB😁
I think it's fair to say that the players who were involved against Rennes are not ones Julen is keen to let go of (referring specifically to RAN in this case).

We're really playing with fire if we don't bring in a CB of some description.

Is Hodge realistically an option? Even if Lemina & Gomes were both out we'd likely play Nunes there instead of Hodge.
I presume that's where Scott can also fill in and give Hodge the option of going on loan.

But those 2, Scott and Elvedi (ACM/ CM and RCB) are the clear gaps in the squad we need filling and Lop clearly wants addressing.

So, new manager bounce anyone?

I presume that's where Scott can also fill in and give Hodge the option of going on loan.

But those 2, Scott and Elvedi (ACM/ CM and RCB) are the clear gaps in the squad we need filling and Lop clearly wants addressing.

...add a head coach and backroom staff to the gaps that need addressing.

I’d have thought we might have had a low level friendly lined up prior to this game.

I can’t see much happening in training the next couple of days other than everyone keeping one eye on Shi’s boardroom window.

Wonder if Steve Davis has been taking training?

The players had Sunday/Monday off.
Only returned today and presume Lop and his staff took it before the meeting

No great shock but Hojlund definitely won't be involved for them.

Any news from the press conference?

Any news from the press conference?
Don't think they are allowed to live tweet from them anymore because of PL reasons.
Started at 1 so would expect the first tweets after 1.30

He's going to have to stick to what we've practiced all pre-season, isn't he. Far too soon for him to be trialling his own doubtless brilliant ideas.

Which might be a good thing, if we go ultra-defensive here then we'll just lose. May as well try and play a bit.

Just looked how Bournemouth played at Old Trafford last season (lost 3-0) and it's actually quite similar to our current 4-4-1-1:

-------------------------Travers--------------------------

Smith--------Senesi------------Mepham------------Kelly

Christie--------Cook------------Lerma-----------Anthony

-------------------------Billing--------------------------------

------------------------Solanke------------------------------

That is an AWFUL set of players though for this level. I wouldn't even look at more than 3 of them.

So..

Sa
Semedo - Dawson - Captain Coward - Toti
Nunes - Gomes - Lemina - Sarabia
Cunha
Sasa​
?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back