• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Manchester City (A) 11/12/2021 12.30pm Build Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
City fans, like most of the PL watching world, think we're anti-football, park the bus, etc., merchants. Can't blame 'em. Hope we play an attacking line-up and have a go! That means finding places for Podence (assuming fit), Adama, Trincao and Hwang and not playing Dendonker! Who cares if we lose 10-0. Erm, scrub that. Park the bus please Bruno, but then again, I probably don't have to say please....

I lurk a lot on RAWK. Although there was plenty bemoaning park the bus and celebrating the fact that the winner came in time created by our use of the dark arts, there was also a lot of recognition of how good our defensive performance was. There is nothing wrong with making the big boys earn the three points. I have no clue why they think everyone should try and go toe to toe and get bashed up.

For me...

Sa
Semedo - Kilman - Coady - Saiss - Ait-Nouri
Neves - Moutinho - Dendoncker
Jiminez - Hwang
Assuming I've not missed any injuries or suspensions.

I’d start Traore, he’s always up for games like this and will have more space to work with on the break.
Remember two years ago when he had the only game in his career when he looked like a great finisher?

I’m pretty certain we’ll follow the same procedure as last week, interesting to know what plan B is when we go 1-0 after 5 minutes?
I understand keeping the best sides at bay but you’ve got have something going the other way to relieve the pressure sometimes.

I’m pretty certain we’ll follow the same procedure as last week, interesting to know what plan B is when we go 1-0 after 5 minutes?
I understand keeping the best sides at bay but you’ve got have something going the other way to relieve the pressure sometimes.
Yeah it'll be the same.
Was watching some highlights of the City 0-Adama 2 game yesterday and it was far more than ourc2 goals, yes we defended much of the game but we created 3 or 4 other good chances on the break, not sure we're capable of that now....hopefully the boys will prove me wrong

It would be nice if when we do have a break we commit a few players forwards but given we don’t do it even against the likes of Norwich and Burnley I won’t hold my breath. Whilst I could see us getting something last week I’m not expecting anything but a defeat this week.

City are incredibly clever at stopping opponents in their own half with fouls that rarely get the punishment they deserve. They’ve been bitten by a Traore once and they know he’s our only threat in games where we have our backs to the wall and will take measures to ensure there’s no repeat of two years ago.

Doesn’t matter who he picks in the “front three”. If they play miles away from each other with zero link up play, we won’t be scoring a goal. Get them closer and running in behind Raul then we’ll have a chance, but we stopped doing that weeks ago for some reason.

Expecting nothing other than full on desperately defending the edge of our box from minute 1. They’re a different type of class in comparison to Liverpool (that’s not me saying they’re better), in that they’ll move the ball from side to side constantly and probe for little areas to break the lines. We could be in for a long day, unfortunately.

Hope Bruno and the boys surprise us, though! I’ll be on a train down to London for our work Christmas party while this is on, so should be able to watch it on my phone!

Last edited:
I’d start Traore, he’s always up for games like this and will have more space to work with on the break.
Remember two years ago when he had the only game in his career when he looked like a great finisher?
bobsburgers-fox.gif

I think we'll get something tomorrow. Probably need my bumps felt
I have a 2-1 win in my head. No idea why.

Obviously not very confident as I’ve put wolves to lose in my pub predictor score for the first time this season!

I think I'd be having traore on the bench today. We can't afford to carry anyone defensively so I reckon we'll start either with two upfront in Raul and Hwang or a 3 of Raul, Hwang and podence.

If we're going to get anything today we'll need our forwards to make the right decisions when attacking, Id back podence to be more likely to do that than Adama.

Adama will be useful to bring on when we're defending our slender 1-0 lead and need them to drop 10-15 yards :winky face:

We need to at least attempt to keep the fucking ball. Liverpool I can half understand as their press is next level, city do press but nowhere near as aggressively as Liverpool so we should be able to actually get on it a bit. You won't ever get a result against sides like the top 3 without offering some kind of threat the other way and I'm not talking about just slinging it to Adama and expecting the poor bloke to run 65 yards beating a whole team in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back