• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Manchester City (A) 11/12/2021 12.30pm Build Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Podence for Adama and that's what I'd have done. Concede early and the gameplan is screwed though

Last chance for Adama, here, for me.

I would go 3-5-2. Clearly we won't see much of the ball and we will be relying on hitting them on the break, so the pace of Traore will be essential in getting us up the pitch. If we can get him playing off/closer to Raul (instead of the stretched three forwards that we have seen for a few weeks now where there has been zero link play), we could get some joy. Especially if Raul drops deeper to link the play and gets Adama in behind or over the top*

If RAN isn't fit, the only option there is Marcal, but at least he'll keep things tight.

Raul-Adama
Neves-Donk-Moutinho
RAN-Saiss-Coady-Kilman-Semedo
Mr.Upgrade
*yes, yes, I'm aware this means Adama actually making movement off the ball
;)

The only option. 532 has been pretty successful against City. Trincao and Podence don’t have the pace or strength to cause issues on the counter so then it’s a straight fight between Traore and Hwang which Traore wins hands down. Particularly in a game where we won’t have the ball and City will over commit.

Plus Zinchenko is shit.

The only option. 532 has been pretty successful against City. Trincao and Podence don’t have the pace or strength to cause issues on the counter so then it’s a straight fight between Traore and Hwang which Traore wins hands down. Particularly in a game where we won’t have the ball and City will over commit.

Plus Zinchenko is shit.
Agree with first paragraph, not so much the second. Would love to be proved wrong today on the latter.

Walker out is a bonus as his speed really limits options on the counter.

2-2 for me and a massive boost on the old confidence meter.

Either that or a 4 nil loss at a canter for City...

I feel like we're going to get annihilated

The only thing that will really wind me up is Grealish diving for a pen / free kick that city then score from

Settle in for 90 mins of them passing it side to side while we defend and try and launch it to Traore on the break. Oh and Sterling/Grealish falling over any time any of our defenders comes near them in the box.

Why do we insist on going backwards when we are in their area? It’s so frustrating

Let’s pass it out from the back and give it away just outside our box again. You can’t train that! It’s a skill 😂😂

Sterling and Grealish go down quicker and easier than a soho hooker

Ait Nouri has got to play that in behind, those are the transitions where we are going to threaten. Although we've looked relatively comfortable so far as city are playing at a low tempo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back